Sound Off

We received a number of phone calls from telephone solicitors who say they are taking surveys. But as the call progresses they try to sell something. The survey is just a ruse. Are these people in violation of the no-call rule and how can I report them?

"This seems to be a straight-forward violation," said Whitney Watson, spokesman for Atty. Gen. Phill Kline. "These types of calls should be reported to the Attorney General's Office and the recipient of such a call should file a complaint. The complainant should remember to get the company name, phone number, date of call, product being solicited and telemarketer's name."

To file a complaint, call (800) 432-2310.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.