Sound Off

I know someone who lives on family assistance. The Lawrence Housing Authority is causing them problems. Where do I write to complain about their procedures?

According to the U.S. Housing and Urban Development's Web site, the agency responds to six kinds of complaints, which are housing discrimination, bad landlords in federal housing, manufactured housing, land sales, deceptive contractors or fraud, waste and abuse. If you have a complaint, please call the HUD field office in Kansas City, Kan., at (913) 551-5644, or HUD's National Multifamily Clearinghouse at 1-800-685-8470 to report maintenance or management concerns.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.