Sound Off

I was wondering who keeps track of the rural water districts? Why can some people get water meters when others can't? How are the districts monitored?

The Public Water Supply Section of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's Bureau of Water is charged with regulating all public water supply systems.

In Douglas County, several of the rural water districts have waiting lists for water meters, which are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Rural Water District No. 5, which serves the south and southwest areas of the county, is making improvements to its system and has approved 232 new meters that will be served by 2005. New requests will be processed after the approved meters are installed.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.