Sound Off

I own a house on Oak Street up by the levee. On nice days there are vehicles that drive up to the access gate and people with keys will go in. I don't think it's official business because they will go in with bikes and stuff. To get access beyond the gate, does it have to be official business?

Fred DeVictor, the city's Parks and Recreation director, said: "Levee access is provided to volunteers who are maintaining and improving the mountain bike trails east of the eighth and Oak Street boat ramp, under the guidance of the Mountain Bike Club and volunteer bike patrol, which was formed last year. To inquire about volunteering, contact the Parks and Recreation at 832-3450."


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.