Sound Off

I didn't get government life insurance when I left the military. Is there a way to get it now?

People leaving the service have one year plus 120 days to convert their service member's group life insurance to veteran's group life insurance, according to the federal Veterans Affairs department. Those who didn't have group life in the service cannot convert to a veteran's group life policy.

Also, veterans with a disability may apply for a different kind of life insurance called Service-Connected Veterans Insurance. Those with more questions can contact the VA at 202-273-5700.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.