Sound Off

How can I legally change my name in Douglas County?

The easiest way, say employees at Douglas County District Court, is to call an attorney, who can give you the correct forms and file them in court. If you don't want to go through an attorney or can't afford one, you'll have to research which forms to fill out by going to the public library and reading the Kansas statute concerning name changes, KSA 60-1401 (to tell which forms are required constitutes legal advice, which court employees aren't allowed to give). Fill those forms out and bring them to the Clerk of the District Court's office, 111 E. 11th St. The filing fee is $101.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.