Sound Off

<EM>What's the proper procedure for getting an abandoned house demolished? There's been one in our neighborhood at 14th and Maple Lane for several years now. For the past three to four months I've been trying to get the city to have it demolished, with no success.</EM>

If citizens believe a structure is unsafe they should submit a complaint to Julie Wyatt, with the city's building inspection division, at 832-3112. If Wyatt finds the structure in violation of city codes, the owner will be ordered to repair or remove the structure. If the owner fails to fix the problem, the city will take further steps through the city commission or the courts.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.