Podcasts The Morning Rush

Wakarusa Festival opens to an estimated 12,000 fans

Browse the archive Subscribe via iTunes

Friday, June 8, 2007

Cooler weather returns to the sunflower state. Highs today only top out at 75 degrees with a light north breeze 5-15 mph under mostly sunny skies. The temperature tonight will drop down to 52 degrees with the wind out of the northwest at 5-10 mph. Today's news: The Wakarusa Festival opens to an estimated 12,000 well-behaved fans; More money already being asked for again for deferred maintenance; KU track team resumes competition in NCAA championships.

Download episode

Comments

RobynRex 6 years, 10 months ago

I know several people who are going to wakarusa and all of them have jobs except one and she is blind and can not find work because people won't give her a chance to prove herself. I have a job and I couldn't afford it. Anyways how else who people without jobs go there. Except of course you are assuming things. People give advance notice at there jobs to get off work to go. Please think before you speak.

Ms_D_mocrat 6 years, 10 months ago

b3, if you go to sleep till Tuesday afternoon, how will you make it to YOUR full time job?

tony88 6 years, 10 months ago

that's odd, b3... i know only 6 or 7 people going to waka, and ALL of them have full time jobs... get a life man

b3 6 years, 10 months ago

I just recieved my new meds, so everything should be ok now. I should wake up sometime tuesday afternoon if the amount is correct. Goodnight everyone. Have a good time, you too, hippies.

oldgoof 6 years, 10 months ago

wow....from the number of posts on this topic, B3 certainly must have something stuck up his you-know-what.

Maybe you should scoot out of town for a few days B3, and get your blood pressure checked.

b3 6 years, 10 months ago

And of the 12000 only about 47 of them hold full time jobs.