17 E. Eighth St., Lawrence, 66044
- Wheelchair accessibility: 3
- Sundays: 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Mondays: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tuesdays: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Thursdays: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Fridays: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturdays: 1 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sunday: $2 cans
- Monday: $3 jumbo margaritas
- Tuesday: $2 anything
- Wednesday: $2 wells
- Thursday: $3 tropical drinks
- Friday: $3 wells / $1-$2 Wheel of Happyness Shots
- Saturday: $3 wells / $1-$2 Wheel of Happyness Shots
- Kim and The Quake SANDBAR BLOCK PARTY KICKOFF! Friday, Aug. 10
- Phone: 785-842-0111
- Web site: http://www2.ljworld.com/marketplace/lawrence/businesses/sand-bar/
A favorite of visiting alumni, The Sandbar has a penchant for Songs You Know By Heart and other tropical tunes. It's a cozy cabina both in space and spirit. Sip a margarita next to their huge tanks of exotic fish. Get down up on the bar. Or max with a smile. The Sandbar is as free-spirited as a sailboat.
Every night around 10 catch the only indoor hurricane in the world-a full-scale special effects production complete with driving wind and rain.
Free snacks every Friday at 5 p.m. (until they're gone). Typically they're finger-friendly items like meatballs or nachos, but they change every week.