701 Massachusetts Street, Lawrence, 66044
- Wheelchair accessibility: 3
- Sundays: 11 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Mondays: 11 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 11 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
- Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Fridays: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturdays: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sunday: $3.50 Most Wanted Bloody Marys / $3.75 Free State Bottles
- Monday: $3 American Draws
- Tuesday: $5.00 wine by the glass
- Wednesday: 25% of bottle wine / $2 of signature cocktails
- Thursday: 2 for 1 martinis
- Friday: Featured Wines / $3.75 Boulevard Wheat draws
- Saturday: Featured Wines
- Phone: 785-749-5011
- Web site: http://www2.ljworld.com/marketplace/all/businesses/jayhawker/
- Cuisine: American
- Delivery: No
- Buffet: No
- Local establishment: Yes
- Outdoor seating: Unknown
- Party room: Unknown
- Reservations accepted: Unknown
- Call-aheads accepted: Unknown
- Kids menu: Unknown
- Occasional live music: Unknown
- Payment options: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Only local checks
The Jayhawker was expanded and revamped during the <a href="http://www.lawrence.com/places/the_eldridge_hotel/">Eldridge</a> rennovations in early 2005. It's located in the same nook of Lawrence's crown jewel hotel, but is almost unrecognizable as the same place. The new wrap-around bar sits in the middle of a huge, expanded room that will let many more patrons stretch out a bit more. Gone are the two-room layout and horse-saddle seats, replaced with an open layout, five plasma screen televisions and a black-granite bar.
The drink menu includes draft and bottled beers, 16 wines by the glass and 192 bottles of wine, from $19 Beringer White Zinfandel to the $245 Beringer ‘Private Reserve’ Cabernet Sauvignon.