737 N.H., Lawrence, 66044
- Venues revamp image (Jan. 31, 2003)
- Wheelchair accessibility: 3
- Sunday: $2 draws + wells
- Monday: $3 imports
- Tuesday: $1.75 pint night
- Wednesday: $10 for a pitcher + 4 shots of whiskey
- Thursday: $1.50 cans
- Friday: $2.75 Miller High Life and Rolling Rock / $1.50 shots
- Saturday: $2.75 Miller High Life and Rolling Rock / $1.50 shots
- Smackdown Trivia & Karaoke Sunday, May 19
- Panda Circus / Not a Planet Tuesday, May 21
- Filligar Thursday, May 23
- Phone: 785-841-5483
- Web site: http://www2.ljworld.com/marketplace/all/businesses/bottleneck/
THE place for live music in Lawrence: If you like 'em, they played there. Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, the Pixies, Wilco, Trip Shakespeare, Zeppelin...the list goes on and on. With a 350-capacity, the 'Neck is big enough to get lost in the crowd but small enough to feel like you can hang out with the band. The bar's interior underwent a facelift in January 2003 -- a second tier now gives patrons a view of the stage and there's new seating around the 4 pool tables. But the character remains intact -- great sound, affordable drinks, dark atmosphere, and 'authentic' bar smell.
Ok, so Zeppelin never played the 'Neck. But plenty of Zeppelin tribute bands have!
Open for pinball and free pool at 3 p.m. except for Sundays.