846 Illinois St., Lawrence, 66044
- New location on tap for Rick's Place (Oct. 2, 2003)
- 6News video: Bar receives show of support (Nov. 19, 2003)
- Bar fight brewing: Rick's Place faces neighbor, zoning battles (Nov. 15, 2003)
- Wheelchair accessibility: 3
- Sundays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Mondays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tuesdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Thursdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Fridays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Phone: 785-749-5067
- Web site: http://www2.ljworld.com/marketplace/lawrence/businesses/ricks-place/
Rick's vibe is usually a notch below the balls-out brewski-bombing vigor of the core student hangouts. Still, it is a bar, so don't go expecting a crowd of coffee-sippin' intellectual types. Highlights include shuffleboard, pool and delightfully grumpy owner Rick Younger. "It's just kind of the same old shit," Younger says of his bar's amenities. "No one goes square dancing or anything."