The Barrel House
729 New Hampshire, Lawrence, 66044
- Wheelchair accessibility: 1
- Mondays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tuesdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Wednesdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Thursdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Fridays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturdays: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Thursday: $3 Sam Adams Draughts / $2 Domestic Bottles / $1 specialty shots
- Friday: $3 Sam Adams Draughts / $3 Corona Bottles / $4 Patron shots
- Saturday: $3 Sam Adams Draughts / $4 Double Wells / $2 Bacardi shots
- Phone: 785-856-3835
- Web site: http://www.thebarrelhouse.com/
Inside the old Last Call space, The Barrel House is a billed as a "dueling piano bar," although rock shows and other non-piano events are held here, too.
"Barrel houses" were underground clubs in the '40s and '50s—typically jazz clubs that had improv piano playing. A dueling piano bar consists of two pianos on stage. The pianists know hundreds to thousands of songs played over the past decades. The show is not only a musical experience, but a comedic one as well—the audience plays an important part in the show.
Dueling pianos Friday-Saturday. Thursdays are "Thirsty Thursdays" - 18 & older night with live DJ.