Photo galleries

Back to gallery

KU fans celebrate Final Four win

More than two hundred law enforcement personnel ate dinner at the community center before going to the streets for crowd control before KU defeated Ohio State, 64-62.

Comments

Erin Graham 2 years, 4 months ago

If we wind up having a parade for the basketball team, these guys should be honored somehow!

FarneyMac 2 years, 4 months ago

Um, people are sitting with their coworkers they know. Do you go to a restaurant with friends and sit down at random tables with strangers?

Liberty275 2 years, 3 months ago

In my younger days I'd go into bars and sit next to strange women.

The empty table is probably one reserved for officers fallen in the line of duty. It would be if I was in charge.

RoeDapple 2 years, 4 months ago

sjgreen 2 years, 4 months ago

Awesome photo! Did volunteers provide the dinner? Were the extra officers from KC and Topeka invited too?

JackMcKee 2 years, 4 months ago

Shaving one's head is apparantly a requirement for the LPD

Kirk Larson 2 years, 4 months ago

I have a friend who's a cop. We joke that he gets his hair cut every week...with a belt sander.

measles 2 years, 4 months ago

These men and women did an awesome job last night. They kept things fun and seemed to be having a good time themselves!

Jim Phillips 2 years, 4 months ago

Having been down there in 2008 in an "official capacity", I can tell you the primary reason LEOs are in good spirits during an assignment like that is because the crowd is usually having a good time and causing few problems. Compare these guys last night to the officers dealing with the incident in Kentucky. My kudos go to the crowd for acting like adults.

Jim Phillips 2 years, 4 months ago

Lawrence Morgan 2 years, 4 months ago

I really appreciate all of your work. It went very well yesterday evening.

Browse the gallery