Photo galleries

Back to gallery

Updated Lawrence Public Library expansion renderings

Rendering of Lawrence Public Library entry on the south side. This view shows the southeast corner looking to the northwest.

Comments

George_Braziller 2 years, 5 months ago

It is butt ugly. However I was going to say it looks like a Greyhound station.

cowboy 2 years, 5 months ago

looks like La Gaurdia Airport

That is butt ugly !

classclown 2 years, 8 months ago

I see that Deec made his/her own rebuttal while I was typing up my comment.

And yes, I'm overweight also. So no need for anyone to think I'm one of those skinny people picking on the fatsos.

classclown 2 years, 8 months ago

50YearResident (anonymous) replies…

Eyesight over-rules your reading. Just look around, everyone you see is overweight!

====================================================

Deec said (s)he looked up the stats for the state of Kansas. Your eyes are looking around Lawrence. Just because this town is made up of a bunch of tubbos doesn't mean the entire state is.

Although I agree that since Deec is referring to people in Lawrence, then (s)he would be better served to use statistics that apply to Lawrence rather than the entire state if possible.

In the end, everybody is right and nobody is wrong. This being Lawrence, you are all winners and everyone can feel good about themselves and their accomplishments.

bevy 2 years, 8 months ago

Two words: Butt Ugly. (I mean the building, not the people around it. They are far, far too beautiful to be real!)

Ray March 2 years, 8 months ago

why do you even need a library, when you have TV and movies? why read something when you can just watch it?

;)

JustNoticed 2 years, 8 months ago

Way too many beautiful people in the picture. I was excited about it but now I know I won't fit in. Phooey!

Laura House Blanchard 2 years, 8 months ago

Interesting how Gould Evans decided to use out of town/ out of State consultants on this project... Would have been nice to keep some of this money locally!

nut_case 2 years, 8 months ago

Bwaa- what are these 'ebooks' you talk of?? Why would I want to download something almost instantly and be able to read it in the comfort of my own home, business, vacation, or where ever??

Why can't I get in a hot/steamy (or freezing cold) car, fight traffic to get downtown, spend 20 minutes and several dollars to find a place to park, shuffle past bums and panhandlers, get my book, fight traffic to get back home, then repeat this all in a couple of weeks when the due date is up?!?

For that $19 million, you could give every single person in Lawrence an e-reader and a $100 bill toward downloading content!

NotASquishHead 2 years, 8 months ago

What a waste of money. Kills me every time I read about this expansion. Books are going out of style, ebooks are the future.

Browse the gallery