Photo galleries

Back to gallery

Images from the Dear Lawrence photo project

July 2012 update: We're once again accepting photos for the Dear Lawrence project. Scroll down to see some of the new additions.

Members of our photography staff, local photographers and all of you are invited to participate in our Dear Lawrence Community photo project. These are some of the great photos we've received so far, but there's still time to participate. Get out your old photos and your cameras and start submitting. You can do it via email to dearlawrence@ljworld.com, by posting a photo on our Facebook page wall at Facebook.com/LJWorld, or submitting an image at ljworld.com/dearlawrence.

Where did our sky go?

Comments

consumer1 3 years, 3 months ago

Pretty hard to take this guy seriously, He is holding a doll??? Looks like he was duped by some left wing agenda into complaining about progress. Uhhhh from the progressives???

oliveoyl 3 years, 3 months ago

He has special needs...and no he isn't homeless. Everyone who works and shops downtown regularly knows Dennis...and loves him.

acelin 3 years, 2 months ago

I disagree. I don't appreciate the needy people released from mental hospital to roam the street, wearing women's clothing in my store and defecating themselves everytime he comes in. He needs care, and wandering the streets of Lawrence being made fun of isn't it.

timebomb66 2 years, 11 months ago

I dont love him. He is a perv. \

Gene Wallace 3 years, 3 months ago

If you don't know Dennis, then you don't know Lawrence. If you don't know Lawrence, then why do you think you can comment on Lawrence? The "doll" is very special, not a Doll. BTW: I don't care for progressives.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 3 months ago

Well, Beatrice, I do NOT want to live in a Progressive Socialist Worker's Utopia where the State provides everything and everyone is equal, except for the "More Than Equal" Elites running the State. And I do Not wish to live in an Evangelical Christian Theocracy where it's government by the Bible. Both extremes are very "Regressive" to older times and ideologies.what are You offering?

Flap Doodle 3 years, 3 months ago

Oh, do let us all go and live in mud huts. It would be ever so much fun!

oliveoyl 3 years, 3 months ago

From that view the skyline will change after the apartment building is up and running.

oliveoyl 3 years, 3 months ago

Ha! No worries. Figured you might have been being facetious but wasn't sure. ;)

pizzapete 3 years, 3 months ago

Where did our sky go? Didn't you hear, Compton bought it on the cheap and is going to be renting it back to us for $20 a square foot. That is, if the city will give him a few million in tax breaks to make any necessary repairs.

Kontum1972 3 years, 3 months ago

this use to be a really nice town.....

Kontum1972 3 years, 3 months ago

riverdrifter 3 years, 3 months ago

I like your atavar, R_I and I know exactly what it means!

Tammie Bryant 3 years, 3 months ago

Wow! I love this picture, but it does make me feel odd. Did Dennis paint it? It's awesome either way.

yoornotmee 3 years, 2 months ago

Yeah, cause we totally need more buildings downtown. That grassy spot was just too refreshing, too much of a break from all the cement. And damn those midnight movies shown on the side of the parking garage!

Sigh...

This should be framed somewhere downtown.

And if you haven't met Dennis, then you're not a Lawrencian.

gerald_bostock 3 years, 2 months ago

uhh, i don't think that's a painting. it's a HDR photo instead, i think

Browse the gallery