Photo galleries

Back to gallery

Fire on Cynthia Street

A fire in a west Lawrence home caused “significant” damage and sent two people to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with minor injuries. Outside the home, the family’s parakeet was dead in its cage.

A bird cage sits outside the home on Cynthia Street where a fire was reported on Tuesday, July 5, 2011. The bird in the cage died. The fire was reported under control shortly after 4 p.m.

Comments

Bob Forer 3 years, 10 months ago

great photojournalism--a dead bird in a cage.

Ashley Woodward 3 years, 10 months ago

Why would you post a photo of their dead bird...kind of heartless :(

KansasPerson 3 years, 10 months ago

"Buy a print of this photo"..... um, I'll pass.

Danielle Brunin 3 years, 10 months ago

Why would you take this picture, let alone post it? Apparently Mark Fagan has never experienced the trauma of a fire because it is devastating, and photos such as this only make it worse. Would you show a photo of a cat or dog that died in a fire? Really questionable judgement ljworld.

gsxr600 3 years, 10 months ago

LJW has a strict bird hatred policy. They're just doing their job.

scopi_guy 3 years, 10 months ago

This is pretty tasteless.
What was going through your head when deciding to not only take the picture, but post it?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.

Browse the gallery