A historical marker at North 550 and East 1400 roads in Douglas County marks the spot near where the small village of Brooklyn was located. The town was destroyed by Quantrill's raiders after they attacked Lawrence and never rebuilt.

Read story

  • Print
  • Favorite
  • Comment


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.