April 17, 2014 |
42° Mostly Cloudy
See complete forecast
A cyclist was transported by helicopter with critical injuries in an accident with a car about 12:50 p.m. Tuesday at Iowa Street and Harvard Road. One lane of northbound traffic was stopped near the accident at about 1 p.m.
Copy and paste the link:
Really I don't even know why I am here other than I have hit a person on a bike before and yes after 24 years I still remember it and can give a detailed account of what happened (this was not my fault) but it doesn't make it any better. I don't know exactly what happened in this wreck but I hope everyone and there families are ok and coping well. This may have been caused by many things but in the end somebody had there attention distracted for a moment and an accident happened. I doubt speed bumps, rattle sticks, or any other deterrent can make people pay attention and this may have been prevented by either person paying closer attention. I see far too many people driving while texting or reading putting on makup combing hair or whatever while driving. I also see so many people walk across the street without looking or bikes passing on the right and running red lights (especially downtown). Just because somebody is driving a car doesn't make them absent of mistakes. Please be careful today
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Baby Back Thursday!
· Dine in or carry out Full Slab ala ...
16" large 2-topping pizza
· with 2 toppings & 2 drinks. Everyday special: ...
Wheat State Pizza
Buy any size pizza at regular price and get a 2nd for 1/2 price!
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
23rd Street Brewery
Crown’s southern fried chicken salad or all signature wraps
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Blend of spinach cooked with tomatoes, coriander, ginger ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Italian Beef Sandwich
· Juicy, thin-sliced Vienna Italian beef topped with seasoned ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Jayhawker signature sandwich, $7.95-$9.95.
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
Soup, salad, and potato combos from $7.49
· Mix and match by choosing two options: Famous ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Fat Tuesday Steak Sandwich with one side.
· Our new menu is almost entirely gluten-free!