Advertisement

Several old grave markers are scattered around Pioneer Cemetery on Kansas University’s West Campus, just south of the Lied Center. Known originally as Oread Cemetery, it was opened in 1854 by the New Englanders who founded Lawrence. The oldest known burial in the city was in the cemetery, but no one is sure of the gravesite’s location.

  • Print
  • Favorite
  • Comment

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.