Advertisement

The Bowersock Opera House burned down in 1911. Owner J.D. Bowersock, vowing it would be the last time fire would destroy a building on the site, used reinforced concrete to rebuild his opera house. One hundred years later, the building now called Liberty Hall is still standing at the corner of Seventh and Massachusetts streets.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.