This rock in Lawrence was once located along the banks of the Kansas River at the mouth of Shunganunga Creek. The Kaw people used the 10-foot tall red rock with religious ceremonies. In 1929, the rock was moved to Robinson Park, next to Lawrence's City Hall, to honor the town's founders.

Read story

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.