Fair attendees, from left, Jordan Seiger, 16; Shaelyn Marr, 14; and Tyler Ellison and Courtney Curtis, both 16, all of Lawrence, enjoy an evening beneath the carnival lights at Moores’ Greater Shows Carnival on Thursday night at the Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2110 Harper St.

• Favorite

Comments

JHog 3 years, 4 months ago

Not to be an old fuddy duddy but ages 16 and 14...is this appropriate for the front page of the paper?

Steve Jacob 3 years, 4 months ago

We at work where laughing, could you imagine that was your daughter seeing this in the paper. I would not mind the kiss, but the hands...

mygil23 3 years, 4 months ago

What photographer would take this picture of teenagers? Seriously ljworld, maybe you should run a background check on your photographers, or stop stealing pictures off of teenagers facebooks.

jayhawk72 3 years, 4 months ago

My daughter and her boyfriend were in this picture. I believe that the photographer, Mike Yoder, was trying to catch the overall feel for the fair and how taking your best girl or guy to walk around the fair still appeals to many young couples. I saw many couples, young and old, out there doing the same thing. I can understand the hands, but face it people, times have changed. It is young "love" at its best and I personally think everyone is reading into it too far. And I would think the same thing if my daughter wasn't in the photo. Have a nice day. :o)

Sally Piller 3 years, 4 months ago

LOL, calm down people. Haven't you read Romeo and Juliet? Are all of you Puritans or something? Young people in love have gone to the fair since fairs began. This is a darling picture of happy young couples enjoying the Kansas summer night.

Abdu Omar 3 years, 4 months ago

Just a note: I taught Romeo and Juliet in school and first of all they waited until they were married to go to the limit and yes they kissed and were very passionate, but they waited still. At the time Shakespeare produced this play, the upper class who attended it were outraged as some of you are now but the groundlings cheered and laughed and kissed each other while the play was in performance.

volleyball1097 3 years, 2 months ago

I know the people in this photograph, and jordan seiger is actually 14, NOT 16. I have No clue why the paper would write 16. I dont think anything in this photo is not appropriete its all about taking that special someone to the fair and having a great night. Young love:)