Advertisement

Organized in November 1859, the "Coal Creek Social Library Association" as it was first called, housed its collection of books in the homes of the early librarians until 1900 when this building was built. William E. Barnes, who had owned the land where the town of Vinland was situated, would have given the lot for the building if the Association had agreed to change the name to "Vinland Library Association." The proposal lost by one vote, and the lot was purchased for the sum of $10. The photo is circa 1910-1915.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.