Previous   Next

Besides your cell phone, what distracts you most while you’re driving?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 21, 2013

Browse the archives

“Food, that’s a big one.”

“Street signs and advertisements.”

“We have a stuffed dog in the car. His name is Alah, meaning ‘What’ in Thai.”

“The construction drives me crazy, and all the detours we have to go through.”

Related story

Comments

grammaddy 1 year, 6 months ago

Agreed DIST!! I don't own a cell phone and my car is a "no phone zone" anyway so it would have to be the grands. Or the constant requests to turn up the music.Not happening.

he_who_knows_all 1 year, 6 months ago

Posting comments on here using my laptop while commuting down K-10.

bevy 1 year, 6 months ago

Dodging the many hundreds of people who can drive a car, but can't seem to figure out how turn signals work, where the lane lines are, etc. Maybe that's because they are too distracted by their cell phones, stuffed dogs, and children.

nocrybabies 1 year, 6 months ago

Putting on my makeup. Phones are dangerous.

Russell Fryberger 1 year, 6 months ago

Those rumble strips that wake me out of a good nap.

George_Braziller 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't even answer my cell phone when I'm driving. I need to stay focused on the road so I can dodge the morons yacking on theirs since they're so busy talking they're clueless to the fact there are other vehicles on the road.

Oh, and that red thing at an intersection? It's called a stoplight. You were so busy with your cell phone conversation you failed to notice it as you blasted through the intersection at 45 mph. Good thing I saw you and slammed on the brakes because you sure didn't see me, or even slow down.

Carol Bowen 1 year, 6 months ago

Definitely, kids. When the kids act up in the back seat, I pull over to settle them down. Seat belts were a great addition to vehicles. They keep the kids separated.

mae 1 year, 6 months ago

looking at other people's cars. mostly kids. strap those things down and get tinted windows so they can't make funny faces at me.