Previous   Next

Would you shop at a Menards built in Lawrence?

Asked at Dillons, 1740 Massachusetts St. on February 20, 2013

Browse the archives

“ Yes. I don’t see a reason not to. It wouldn’t be my first choice, however. I try to shop local first.”

“ Yes. You have to shop where there’s competition. Everything you buy comes from China anyway, though I prefer to buy American.”

“ I don’t know. But I truly think they’d get a lot of business. ”

“ I never have shopped at Menards but probably will just once to check it out.”

Comments

Bill Lee 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm not familiar with Menards so I don't know. Location in town would probably be a factor.

Mike Edson 1 year, 9 months ago

No. I will continue to shop at the local hardware stores and Home Depot for wood supplies.

repaste 1 year, 9 months ago

A lot of good info out there on Menards. The EPA has some input. I thought they weren't coming because Obama was re-elected?

Caz Snwot 1 year, 9 months ago

Tom, if you like shopping local go to checkers... not dillons.

Norm Jennings 1 year, 9 months ago

not familiar with the store either, the ads from the Topeka store do not look particularly enticing, but I agree that Home Depot lumber often leaves a lot to be desired.

ThePilgrim 1 year, 9 months ago

I would shop there if it was at 6th and Wakarusa, next to Wal-Mart. Where it should be! Why put it next to Home Depot? As for wood supplies - Menards has a real lumber yard that you drive into. You don't have to haul the wood through the store yourself like at Home Depot. Menards could kill Home Depot here in Lawrence if put next to it. But as others have said, that seems a waste.

ThePilgrim 1 year, 9 months ago

Besides - what local hardware stores do we have? Ace is not local either, if you factor in real ownership.

Eugehne Normandin 1 year, 9 months ago

Have you ever heard of Cottins or Ernsts on Mass St.