Previous   Next

What was your new year’s resolution, and have you done a good job keeping it?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 W. 23rd St. on January 23, 2012

Browse the archives

“My new year’s resolution was to maintain all of last year’s resolutions. I’d like to think so.”

“I didn’t make one last year because I never keep up with them.”

“I didn’t have one.”

“Both health. And yes.”

Comments

begin60 2 years, 2 months ago

I received the excellent suggestion from a Facebook network to choose a word for the year instead of making a resolution. So far it's been both liberating and useful for planning and discipline. My choice is "concentration."

del888 2 years, 2 months ago

My new year's resolution is to drink more beer, eat more food, and watch more TV. So far, so good....

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Got your back T_O_B. I'll be on the high ground.

tange 2 years, 2 months ago

My New Year's resolution was higher than ever. Three weeks in, things are becoming fuzzy.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 2 months ago

"To pick up my spent shell casings before I leave the tower. So far, so good" CWGOKU

That's good stewardship, CW. I always pick up my casings after Kaw Golf Ball Skeet Wednesdays. Tomorrow is shaping up to be a fantastic day on the Kaw. I may run into an old friend of Roe and Autie's.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

Okay, RoeD, this is the origin of "Evah". One of my favorite movie scenes of all time. At 1:47 crafty Rod says "Nevah", which kind of sounds like "Evah". I like "Evah" better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqd0PE...

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

Somebody keeps dropping google bombs on Rick Santorum. Hey, look at these cornholes. Mr. Hair Club for Men with a mullet makes some awful catterwallin' noise at about 3:30-3:35. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw9RyF...

Rara_Avis 2 years, 2 months ago

To continue not wearing a shirt. And I'm still not wearing a shirt. Evah. Hey Autie, you burnout, I've only had maybe 2 or 3 comments removed. Hop off the bong and come up for air. I've tried to be as inappropriate and un-pc as possible, but Alex is one laid back dude. Must be the Pearl Jam. I'd rather be with an animal.

CWGOKU 2 years, 2 months ago

To pick up my spent shell casings before I leave the tower. So far, so good

My_Life 2 years, 2 months ago

So far I have surpassed my resolutions. Reading the Bible two hours a day instead of the one hour I promised God. Praise Jesus. What a beautiful day to go fishing.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 2 months ago

Becoming less aroused during TSA patdowns, kind of sorta maybe.

Andini 2 years, 2 months ago

So far so good on my 12 pack of Schlitz a day.

labmonkey 2 years, 2 months ago

To see more toe in the Style Scout... so far, a resounding success.

rockchalkjayhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

To not use my phone while driving - so far so good!

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

Are Odeo and/or Rara on track to set a new record for deleted comments? Reminds me of the trade routes and N-95's. bark, bark.

prospector 2 years, 2 months ago

It is good to see that dizygotic Siamese twins can have healthy and successful, productive lives, even maintaining jobs at separate locations.

woodscolt 2 years, 2 months ago

How did they find so many wide body's for todays questions, or are these people just wearing shoulder pads.

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

Because they knew likely he was going to be looking at the photos through the bottom of one of those Free State glasses.

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 2 months ago

Since Prospector is on limited duty this week, I'll take up his cause. Why in the world can't the LJW figure out the OTS pictures?

autie 2 years, 2 months ago

I think BABBOY just set a high ball screen, took the shot fake and threw it in to T-Rob for a dunk. Is that how it's done Coach Knight?

BABBOY 2 years, 2 months ago

I think you should continously set goals --- not just at the end of they year.

But, assuming the questions is not stupid -- I do not think there has been enough time to ask this question. I mean to follow the paper's logic, if you have not made your goal by the 25th day of the year then you should quit.

That is why these things are stupid. Goals are something you keep after and it is not some stupid end of the year fade.....

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

The last revolution I made was a couple of slow ones around the square.

RoeDapple 2 years, 2 months ago

Good catch Odeo . . I thought I was just halucinating from lack of rest. Now that I slept for about three hours . . . they still look squishy.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 2 months ago

To "Maintain Aspect Ratios" whenever I change a picture's size. Yes, I have kept it; LJW photog, not so much.

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Yes. I have done a good job. I like pets.....- Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Answer: ....Wait. What was the question??.............-Odeo

Odeo 2 years, 2 months ago

Whoa....About that question.....Umm....Is it me - eyesight-....the LJW Photog messing with me.....or a bad buy (or something cool and unexpected) of something I was inhaling earlier???? .....

I hear crickets. - Odeo