Previous   Next

If you had to relive one day in your life what day would it be?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 4, 2012

Browse the archives

“ The day I disappointed my parents, about 35 years ago.”

“ When I was in the seventh grade and went to the Caribbean with my best friend Frank.”

“ The first time I saw Nickelback.”

“ The day I met Eva Nelson.”

Comments

Klumma 2 years ago

Groundhog Day. . . ??? WTH, DST?..

MarcoPogo 2 years ago

I think she meant that she would take that day back. There's no way she likes Nickelback. Guaranteed.

jayhawkster 2 years ago

Agreed. She means that she'd go back so that she could un-see them. And thereby remove Satan's splinter from her eye and the dark prince's piercing wail from the inner recesses of her worm-riddled brain. If she had any real decency, though, she'd go back to the inception of the band-which-will-not-be-named and prevent its malformed birth.

classclown 2 years ago

If I had to? As in I have no choice in the matter? If i don't have the option as to whether or not I would, I doubt the particular day wouldn't be my choice either.

classclown 2 years ago

You might want to go back to that day in second grade when they taught everyone how to spell fourth.

: Þ~

LadyJ 2 years ago

Today is National Hug a Bird day. I put my coat on and took the turkey out of the freezer and gave it a nice big hug.

somedude20 2 years ago

"“ The first time I saw Nickelback.” — Eva Nelson,, bartender at Conroy’s Pub, Tilden, Neb."

When I first read that statement, I thought she would take it back, which is reasonable because Nickelback sucks but the word "first" got me, like she has seen them multiple times and wants to relive the experience....poor girl

somedude20 2 years ago

I want to relive one of the days that I was hanging in the mom's womb....didn't have to work, get up early, learn spit, free health care and room and board. I guess I could do that now, but it would be called social welfare....zoinks!

somedude20 2 years ago

“ The day I disappointed my parents, about 35 years ago.” — John Coyne, business manager, Moy, Ireland

SOB!!!!! Now I want to hear that story

MarcoPogo 2 years ago

That was the first thought I had as well. It looks like the question may have been asked in different ways for different people. Or does the first guy really want to go back and disappoint his parents again?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

Yeah, really. Cry me a river, pal. At least you can narrow it down to one day. I've got thousands to choose from.

labmonkey 2 years ago

I didn't notice she was from Nebraska at first... now it all makes sense!!!

somedude20 2 years ago

The day I met Eva Nelson.” — Sara French, bartender at Conroy’s Pub, Lawrence

How sweet....they are like the Cagney and Lacey of Conroy's!

rockchalker52 2 years ago

If I'm just reliving & not changing, I'll choose our wedding day only this time I would like more cake.

If I get to edit, I'll go for last Wednesday & tweak my powerball ticket.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

I've heard there was a secret chord That David played, and it pleased the Lord But you don't really care for music, do you? It goes like this The fourth, the fifth The minor fall, the major lift The baffled king composing Hallelujah

riverdrifter 2 years ago

It's a sad day, at least for me. Dave Brubeck has passed away at 91. http://www.davebrubeck.com/live/

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

That sucks. I felt the same way Sept. 28, 1991, the day Miles died. I met him in May 1988. He wasn't very friendly, but then I'm white.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

“ The day I disappointed my parents, about 35 years ago.”

Buddy, I'm still trying to figure you out, You seriously need help. A makeover might be a good place to start. You look really tired, beaten down and guilty. But then most Irish people do. I think it's a Catholic thing. Was it the time you knocked your Uncle's tooth out at the family brawl on Bloody Sunday? Wait, I know. It was that trip to Thailand. Man, don't feel bad. I really thought the one I met was a girl too, until we got to know each other better. Even then we really hit it off. Go easy on yourself. Tell the folks to take a hike.

jonas_opines 2 years ago

There was that day after I started dating my future wife, that we were snowed in by the ice and snowstorm for a full weekend. That was . . . a productive day.

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

"Life is more about the journey, not where you have been or where you are going."

Um Artie, I think where you've been and where you're going are both parts of the journey. Are you drunk again, or do you just need a map? I broke my moral compass a long time ago.

purplesage 2 years ago

Do I get to make changes? Or just relive it?

Eddie_Haskell 2 years ago

The day I tried to live, BoB? This is a really confusing question. Yellow journalism, that's what it is. I think I'll go back in the bathroom for a while.

beatrice 2 years ago

And here I thought you were going to say Nov. 6, 2012. You were looking forward to that day for so long, I thought for sure you would want to relive it.

Bob Harvey 2 years ago

The day I returned home from Vietnam.