Previous   Next

How much money would it have taken to motivate you to graduate high school early?

Asked at Dillons, 1015 West 23rd St. on March 2, 2011

Browse the archives

“Five grand.”

“Back when I was in high school, $3,000 would have been enough.”

“I guess $3,000 would do it nicely.”

“I’d rather have a scholarship that would last a while instead of having it all in one go. A percentage of tuition waived would be a great motivator.”

Comments

Reuben Turner 3 years, 9 months ago

$275.53. and i'd liked that in little bills!

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

(snort, gag, hehehe) gratuate he sed gratuate wel i gess ole cuzin elroy did pas grad for but he wuz teh roeds skoller in teh famblie how much wood thet be wurth mabee too or 3 buks inflashun bein whut it is yuo kin jest sent teh chek to ole roe

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

I had enough credits that I could have graduated early, but I chose not to because I wanted to stay with my class. Money would not have made a difference because college was already paid for by the VA. I also earned a few scholarships that gave me extra money.

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

OK, I'll come clean. There were some girls I didn't want to leave behind.

Tammy Copp-Barta 3 years, 9 months ago

I wanted to graduate from LHS early, but was told if I did, I couldn't go to prom and I couldn't participate in the graduation ceremony .. which was STUPID .. of course, that was many years ago .. things have probably changed since then ..

notanota 3 years, 9 months ago

Ha! And ditto. Getting out of school early was reward enough.

Joan Kelly 3 years, 9 months ago

I petitioned to graduate a year early, and Dr. NO at Free State said... no. I still do not understand why...

Fossick 3 years, 9 months ago

Anyone who can pass the GED test should be able to test out of high school at any time. We could then give them a check for half of what it would cost the state for the rest of their high school career. Not only does the state save money, but I'll bet you never saw so many 10th graders studying in your life.

jonas_opines 3 years, 9 months ago

I would have paid to get out of High School early. High School sucked.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

One weekend with Charlie Sheen (all expenses included though) would be enough of a bribe for me.

wmathews 3 years, 9 months ago

Would it make you feel better if I sent you an individual email all to yourself?

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

Careful as old Bobby D is on the hunt for a replacement Suze Rotolo, Whitney. You might get stung

Ceallach 3 years, 9 months ago

I'm so old that I was motivated by the presence of my mother. If I didn't graduate I faced the horror of waking up every morning and facing the day knowing I would be living out the old phrase, "if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody going to be happy."

Thank you, Mother.

Ceallach 3 years, 9 months ago

Just the usual, visiting my fans around the world. Either that or I have been caught up in the rut of working, eating, sleeping, working, eating, sleeping...

As I was readying the posts today I had to chime in. You know we just love it when you talk dirty.

riverdrifter 3 years, 9 months ago

I graduated at early semesters in 1969 and took straight off for KU. I was at KU in spring, 1970. I got a letter from the school district saying that I could not attend prom nor graduation. I remember reading it one spring day while sitting in front of Strong Hall and thinking that it was one hilarious letter.

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

The Cars are putting out a new record and might hit Coachella. I saw that Motley Crue, Poison and the New York Dolls are going on tour this summer...$89 fot a tic

somedude20 3 years, 9 months ago

guess he wont be driving you home tonight