Previous   Next

What is your dream job?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 9, 2011

Browse the archives

“Curator at a Civil War museum.”

“All I want to be in life is a lounge singer.”

“Opening a psychology clinic in the Emirates.”

“I think I’m living it as a stay-at-home father.”

Comments

ohjayhawk 3 years, 9 months ago

lol. I was actually surprised I got in before kulaw. I also notice that if kulaw isn't first he/she doesn't comment at all.

Gene Wallace 3 years, 9 months ago

I have my best job ever! I promoted myself in March. I'm retired! Shortly we will be RV Living on the Roads of America, operating our on-line businesses as we travel to beautiful and unique places in this wonderful country. We will be Facebook videocasting our adventures, sharing our experiences with friends and family from wherever we may be at any moment.

RugerLCP 3 years, 9 months ago

Doesn't touch adult film director, no pun intended

Bill Lee 3 years, 9 months ago

Oscar winning actor who gets paid very well to make out with some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Online editor in charge of disapearedededing. That big red button is calling me . . .

I hear there's an opening.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Absolutely R_I. I knew what I wanted to do when I was 10 years old, then worked at it for 38 years! How many others can say that? Yeah, as a truck driver. My other choice was brain surgeon. I wear a size 16 ring. Would you want these hands in your head?

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

How often do they recycle these OTS questions? This feels like deja vu all over again. I know I've given these same answers before. Is this Groundhog Day?

LadyJ 3 years, 9 months ago

Here's a job for you Roe, Maximum Flux Density Calculator

beatrice 3 years, 9 months ago

Time to take up karate, because you are already half way to your goal.

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Sweeping up horse droppings after a parade. Forget now the slang term for 'em . . .

Kat Christian 3 years, 9 months ago

My dream job is one where you cannot get fired just for being yourself (in a positive way, of course). Meaning: just because you don't fit into the "clique", or seem different from the rest, or don't want to associate with the popular group and dress differently (neatly) or are in an older generation. As long as the work is getting done, and being respectful and following the rules and not causing trouble, there should be no reason to let a person go because they "just don't fit in." (unless of course they are going out of business and need to do a mass layoff). Employers are way too fickled and petty in this town especially. My dream job would be for people to stop profiling and prejudging others in the workplace and just let the work get done without all this nonsense.

Jimo 3 years, 9 months ago

GOP economist: you can be wrong 100% of the time and yet still be invited on Fox daily as an expert!

Jimo 3 years, 9 months ago

By definition. Creating economic activity ..... creates economic activity. Duh!

Pray tell: what's your take on gravity? Does it "work" or does the earth just suck?

Jimo 3 years, 9 months ago

"to put it in the right pocket" - and there's the core of your gross error.

A. Taking money out of your pocket and putting it to WORK(!) makes everyone richer. Periods of economic weakness are (metaphorically) periods when people individually choose to keep money in pockets when people collectively will be better off if the money is used to create public assets -- roads, dams, bridges, health care, scientific discovery, etc. Do we prefer business would do this themselves? Absolutely. But given that there's no demand for the production of more underwear, sunglasses, mopeds, silly string, or whatever crap people buy when times are good, when times are not so good, no business is going to invest in anything. Likewise, if business doesn't invest then people remain unemployed or fearful of unemployment and refuse to spend, thereby eliminating demand. (Gee, why is explaining economics to you like explaining where rain comes from? Shouldn't you know how the world works already?)

B. Pulling money out of pockets and putting it to work is called investment. It happens every minute of every day of every year in every nation on earth. Individuals invest. Businesses invest. Governments invest. The reason you're blind to the obvious is that you confuse your policy preference -- that business lead investment because the market is the most efficient investor of capital -- with your ideological religion -- that ONLY(!) business can invest and Gov't investment is always wasteful (which is absolutely, 100% false).

ylime3499 3 years, 9 months ago

Any position that allowed me to work from home with stacks upon stacks of papers that need to be entered into a data base, and forms to then fill out. Call me crazy, but that would be awesome! Heck take out the work from home part and give me a cubical!

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the accolades Hollis but I think this song describes it better . . .

This may describe it too. Almost, just . . almost . .

RoeDapple 3 years, 9 months ago

How 'bout Hollis bein' the maitre d . . . I want the valet job . . .

Jerry Jennings 3 years, 9 months ago

To run the Dumbo ride at Disney World... (except when it's really hot outside!)