Previous   Next

What is your dream job?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on July 9, 2011

Browse the archives

“Curator at a Civil War museum.”

“All I want to be in life is a lounge singer.”

“Opening a psychology clinic in the Emirates.”

“I think I’m living it as a stay-at-home father.”

Comments

panzermike007 2 years, 9 months ago

I would have to say it is the one I am in. I live in a foreign country, have an 1,800 sq.ft. apartment with two bedrooms and an office and can see the statue of Lenin in Lenin Square from my livingroom. And, it is free. Paid for by the State Department.

Jerry Jennings 2 years, 9 months ago

To run the Dumbo ride at Disney World... (except when it's really hot outside!)

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

I can play boogie woogie 1940s riffs thanks to Papa Wilbert's WWII love of it. But I never learned to read piano music much to the chagrin of my piano teacher Mrs. Sidebottom. But if you wanna cut a swing rug, I'm your chick, baby. I also look totally hot in a bombshell dress atop the piano just in case I keep hitting sour notes.

<---retro mid century modern chick, actually....

But I'd love to valet some hot american machinery too...only the manuals though. Automatics require my left foot on the dash and that isn't good on my heels. I ruin shoes that way.

I also cook the veggies pretty good and could sous chef for Autie. The parents north of the river in T-town are assdeep in squash, zucchini and eggplant right now. Love this time of year on my grocery bill.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

How 'bout Hollis bein' the maitre d . . . I want the valet job . . .

autie 2 years, 9 months ago

OK, if I can't be a narcotic agent, how about a chef...like emerald....my own place with fancy stuff ala me......and I could yell at my help and stuff......TOB could beat all the meat and R_I could grow the pro-duce......and prospector could be in charge of the beer list. And maybe Multi and Rondondo could be the wait staff....Roe could be the maitre dee whatever. G_rock, can you play the piano? I would call it...Chez OTS....or Chez Whit....the logo would be a phoneix rising from the ashes, with only nine claws, embossed above a background map of trade routes and people at the Shell filling up. Cuzins get a ten percent discount and can bring their own still products for trade.

tumbilweed 2 years, 9 months ago

Counting innumerable grains of rice.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Thanks for the accolades Hollis but I think this song describes it better . . .

This may describe it too. Almost, just . . almost . .

ylime3499 2 years, 9 months ago

Any position that allowed me to work from home with stacks upon stacks of papers that need to be entered into a data base, and forms to then fill out. Call me crazy, but that would be awesome! Heck take out the work from home part and give me a cubical!

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Narcotics agent, cop, narc, anything that would allow me access to the evidence room. Talk about a kid in a candy store..........

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Here's to you, Roe! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zoTLw...

I have nothing but much respect for truck drivers, especially the OTR dudes. You must have balls of steel. I've secretly always wanted to get a CDL, doubles, triples, hazmat, the works. But first I'd have to overcome my terror of climbing in the cab. Christ, you guys are total magic. At a former job, I used to marvel just watching our driver back that 50 foot trailer to the dock. William "Butch" Stokes. I miss you, Coutro!

Jimo 2 years, 9 months ago

GOP economist: you can be wrong 100% of the time and yet still be invited on Fox daily as an expert!

Kat Christian 2 years, 9 months ago

My dream job is one where you cannot get fired just for being yourself (in a positive way, of course). Meaning: just because you don't fit into the "clique", or seem different from the rest, or don't want to associate with the popular group and dress differently (neatly) or are in an older generation. As long as the work is getting done, and being respectful and following the rules and not causing trouble, there should be no reason to let a person go because they "just don't fit in." (unless of course they are going out of business and need to do a mass layoff). Employers are way too fickled and petty in this town especially. My dream job would be for people to stop profiling and prejudging others in the workplace and just let the work get done without all this nonsense.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Sweeping up horse droppings after a parade. Forget now the slang term for 'em . . .

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

Curator for the Ol' Dirty Bastard museum of Modern Music and Genius.

g_rock 2 years, 9 months ago

Writer. Travel Agent. Travel Writer. Secretary on Mad Men.

Flap Doodle 2 years, 9 months ago

Road tester for Car & Driver magazine.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

How often do they recycle these OTS questions? This feels like deja vu all over again. I know I've given these same answers before. Is this Groundhog Day?

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Absolutely R_I. I knew what I wanted to do when I was 10 years old, then worked at it for 38 years! How many others can say that? Yeah, as a truck driver. My other choice was brain surgeon. I wear a size 16 ring. Would you want these hands in your head?

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Or night shift mattress tester.

RoeDapple 2 years, 9 months ago

Online editor in charge of disapearedededing. That big red button is calling me . . .

I hear there's an opening.

Bill Lee 2 years, 9 months ago

Oscar winning actor who gets paid very well to make out with some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

tange 2 years, 9 months ago

Why am I still up, at this hour? My dream job awaits!

RugerLCP 2 years, 9 months ago

Doesn't touch adult film director, no pun intended

Gene Wallace 2 years, 9 months ago

I have my best job ever! I promoted myself in March. I'm retired! Shortly we will be RV Living on the Roads of America, operating our on-line businesses as we travel to beautiful and unique places in this wonderful country. We will be Facebook videocasting our adventures, sharing our experiences with friends and family from wherever we may be at any moment.

Gandalf 2 years, 9 months ago

Obituariy writer for brownback.

HollisBrown 2 years, 9 months ago

You got it, Robert. Stay at home father. And better yet, we don't even have kids.