Previous   Next

What is your favorite fall activity?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 17, 2010

Browse the archives

“Going to the park with my girlfriend and dog.”

“I really like hanging around downtown, especially at night.”

“Fishing on a nice day.”

“Watching the baseball playoffs and World Series.”

Comments

vonruck 3 years, 6 months ago

I look good in this article! haha, i'm the second dude...

phoggyjay 3 years, 7 months ago

Falling into a big pile of kush.

Boosh 3 years, 7 months ago

Annual shave and a haircut :)

adagio 3 years, 7 months ago

Photographing the beautiful trees, as well as walking and taking in the beautiful Autumn, crisp air.

Jaminrawk 3 years, 7 months ago

Are the first two comments not the funniest one's anyone has seen in awhile?

“Going to the park with my girlfriend and dog.”

“I really like hanging around downtown, especially at night.”

whats_going_on 3 years, 7 months ago

sleeping with the windows open for the nice cool breeze!

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

This Fall, the best spectator sport may be watching the current regime fall apart. An unnamed inside says: "...But after Obama was sworn in, things began to change? Almost immediately. Obama loved to campaign. He clearly didn’t like the work of being President though, and that attitude was felt by the entire White House staff within weeks after the inauguration. Obama the tireless, hard working candidate became a very tepid personality to us. And the few news stories that did come out against him were the only things he seemed to care about. He absolutely obsesses over Fox News. For being so successful, Barack Obama is incredibly thin-skinned. He takes everything very personally... So if Obama doesn’t appear interested in the job of president, what does he do day after day? Well, he takes his meetings just like any other president would, though even then, he seems to lack a certain focus and on a few occasions, actually leaves with the directive that be given a summary of the meeting at a later date. I hear he plays a lot of golf, and watches a lot of television – ESPN mainly. I’ll tell you this – if you want to see President Obama get excited about a conversation, turn it to sports. That gets him interested. You start talking about Congress, or some policy, and he just kinda turns off. It’s really very strange. I mean, we were all led to believe that this guy was some kind of intellectual giant, right? Ivy League and all that. Well, that is not what I saw. Barack Obama doesn’t have a whole lot of intellectual curiosity. When he is off script, he is what I call a real “slow talker”. Lots of ummms, and lots of time in between answers where you can almost see the little wheel in his head turning very slowly. I am not going to say the president is a dumb man, because he is not, but yeah, there was a definite letdown when you actually hear him talking without the script. That sounds like you are calling Obama stupid to me. No – I am not going to call him stupid. He just doesn’t strike me as particularly smart. Bill Clinton is a smart guy – he would run intellectual circles around Barack Obama. And Bill Clinton loved the politics of being president. Obama seems to think he shouldn’t have to be bothered, which has created a considerable amount of conflict among his staff. So how bad are things at the White House these days? I don’t know about right now, because I have not been there in over a month. But I still hear things, and I know what it was like when I left. It’s not good. As bad as it might look to voters based on what they do know, it’s much worse. The infighting is off the charts. You got a Chief of Staff who despises cabinet members, advisors who despise the Chief of Staff, a President and First Lady having their own issues…” Read more: http://newsflavor.com/opinions/white-house-insider-on-obama-the-president-is-losing-it/#ixzz0zoTx1mbP

Bill Lee 3 years, 7 months ago

Checking out the new TV shows before they're all cancelled.

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

Preparing for the zombies . .

prospector 3 years, 7 months ago

Lollygagging about the compound.

g_rock 3 years, 7 months ago

bonfire and wiener roast!!!

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 7 months ago

"Of course, you dip the tips of everything in glow-in-the-dark paint for safety reasons, right?"

But, of course.

"That whole nude lawn darts thing....does that have potential for chilly willy nilly"

That's why I never leave the house without at least one long and wide sock.

CWGOKU 3 years, 7 months ago

Enjoying the fall foliage, football games, soccer games, splittng firewood, apple cider, Oktoberfest, a beer and a ball game, saving France from Germany, again.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 7 months ago

Damn, Come to think of it, the granddaughter of that yellow-bellied communist journalist, waived a 1943 Underwood around in financial institutions. Damn. Figures. Called herself Tania. Hmmm.

autie 3 years, 7 months ago

I see that tensions are high between France and Germany...talk about deja vu....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 7 months ago

Citizenship day? Pffft. That is just a name those damn yellow-bellied communist journalists gave to the 17th of September.

autie 3 years, 7 months ago

you might choke on them pancakes one day when that big buck walks up into the crosshairs...and click that safety off and think to yourself, "belle chasse, belle chasse".

Constitution Day? My paper says it is Citzenship day. I'll take the fifth to celebrate.

riverdrifter 3 years, 7 months ago

Assassinating squirrels. Deer feeders & trail cameras have been deployed.

edjayhawk 3 years, 7 months ago

Watching college football, raking leaves, and getting as much sun as possible before it turns cold.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 7 months ago

I am in Peru, it is springtime, the sun is shining, flowers are blooming and I am looking forward to a long warm summer.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 7 months ago

"belle chasse"?

Hey Bub. It is Constitution Day.

We don't use that flowery thin little pancake eaterish on Constitution Day

boogeyman 3 years, 7 months ago

rustling leaves...hiding in leaf piles

JJE007 3 years, 7 months ago

Participating in the belle chasse.

Zachary Stoltenberg 3 years, 7 months ago

Putting up Christmas Lights and drinking Raspberry Beer!

autie 3 years, 7 months ago

That whole nude lawn darts thing....does that have potential for chilly willy nilly?

prospector 3 years, 7 months ago

Acting willy-nilly while drinking Octoberfest beers.

consumer1 3 years, 7 months ago

Trying to catch myself before I actually hit the ground.

notajayhawk 3 years, 7 months ago

Same as during the winter, spring, and summer - sleeping. Of course, I don't get to do it very much ...

JackFrost 3 years, 7 months ago

If I had wings and I could fly, I know where I would go. But right now I'll just sit here so contentedly And watch the river flow.

Flap Doodle 3 years, 7 months ago

Cavorting, when I get bored with that, romping.

grammaddy 3 years, 7 months ago

Now that the heat is leaving it will be time for a big pot of Grandma's hamburger stew and another pot of chili.Yum!

autie 3 years, 7 months ago

Watching mallards cup into the decoys before mercilessly murdering them.

Katie rocks!

RoeDapple 3 years, 7 months ago

It ain't the fall, it's that sudden stop . . .