Previous   Next

What are your summer vacation plans?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Grow a baby.”

“I’m actually on my summer vacation now, visiting family in Lawrence.”

“I’m visiting my boyfriend’s family here in Lawrence, then going back and taking summer classes and working in Champaign (Ill.)”

“Going to Vegas.”

Comments

g_rock 3 years, 10 months ago

I'm spending mind forgetting to water my garden then complaining that they died.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

"But I just like to see big strong masculine men dancing together closely, not afraid of sensuality." I Value

No problem by me. I like boxing.

Edward Coan 3 years, 10 months ago

Probably mountains, and sooner the better as we are getting hardcore heat right now. Was there ever a Spring here?

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

"I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy, yes"

Sammy Hagar goes to the party but DLR is the party

KansasPerson 3 years, 10 months ago

Not eating carp, that's for sure.

fleeba 3 years, 10 months ago

work. work and more work.
We are going to the Rolling Hills Zoo and a ghost tour of the city of Lawrence. But nothing too far away this year.

slang4d 3 years, 10 months ago

“Grow a baby.”

Funny. I'm doing the same thing. Thankfully not on a gas station attendant salary, that would be rough. Best wishes to Lauren, nothing like having your body hijacked for nine months!

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

I'll be kickin' it with Ret. REO, then after that wraps up we'll be taggin' along with Foreigner and Styx. I'm still pissed off that Danny Joe Brown, singer for Molly Hatchet, is dead. I would have guessed cirrhosis, but I guess it was diabetes-related kidney failure. They stayed at my hotel in Hawaii in the early 90's. Real swamp rockers. DJB went barefoot everywhere. He would come out of the hotel bar, barefoot with beers in hand, and fire up a cigarette right before he got on the elevator. One night before a gig they were in the lobby. They had like 8 lead guitarists. On of them with really greasy, stringy long hair asked me if he could borrow my comb. I don't use a comb, but I doubt I would have loaned it to him.

I've been to Alabama, people ain't a whole lot to see; Skynyrd says it's a real sweet home but it ain't nothing to me. Charlie Daniels will tell you the good Lord lives in Tenessee, ha! But I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free.

There's a gator in the bushes, he's calling my name, And a saying come on boy, you better make it back home again. There's many roads I've travelled but they all kind of look the same. There's a gator in the bushes, Lord, he calling my name.

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

Trying to make the summer Lemur roundup at Rancho Snapo . Crazy times!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

This Gore divorce thingy...

Who gets the internet?

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

"Gay tango lessons,"

How does that differ from regular tango lessons?

"Really? What's up?"

She walked in on him making sweet love to a carbon credit.

ivalueamerica 3 years, 10 months ago

9 days in Buenos Aires, Gay tango lessons, boat to Montevideo, Evita Museum, Evita Cemetary, Evita Balcony. Then to fill out the 2 weeks, a quick treck to see the Nazca Lines and Colca Canyon in Peru.

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

Bob I hope she told him what to do with his carbon credits.

He has the fate of the world as we know it on his shoulders. That should make him a real chick magnet.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

Wow. Even Tipper is tired of Al's crap.

whats_going_on 3 years, 10 months ago

I don't really have a "vacation" anymore. :( But for the season...dog days, more dog days, maybe some laying out, and Seattle, for work. It'll be a'ight.

Liberty275 3 years, 10 months ago

Spending my vacation pay and some more money on a 20 ft car trailer.

Multidisciplinary 3 years, 10 months ago

Is this an offer? Road trip would be nice.What did you have in mind? ;p

Julie Craig 3 years, 10 months ago

Did you know you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish?

jonas_opines 3 years, 10 months ago

I've been growing babies for awhile now. Had to grow them seasonally for a bit until I invested in a good hydroponics kit.

They're my power source.

countrygirl 3 years, 10 months ago

Rocky Mountain National Park with my son's boy scout troop.

coldplay 3 years, 10 months ago

If the baby grower needs help planting the seed, let me know.

CWGOKU 3 years, 10 months ago

No plans yet, haven't even thought about it. May just go to the gulf and oil up and get a tan.

Deja Coffin 3 years, 10 months ago

This baby is pretty much done growing..... now I'm just ready to have a baby!!!! 3 DAYS!!!!

yankeevet 3 years, 10 months ago

Heading for the Rocky Mountains.........away from all you yahoos!!! lol...........

Kontum1972 3 years, 10 months ago

growing a BB at a gas station...gadzooks...

Kontum1972 3 years, 10 months ago

grow a tomato..then feed it to a baby.... the baby will make tomato relish.....squirt! green thumb mecca...

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

“Grow a baby.” Well hey now there. I am not a farmer (did sleep at a Holiday Inn once) but I have seed for your topsoil if you need help with the "planting" part. FYI, I am just a planter you will need to get a "groundskeeper" for the rest of it!

Cheers!

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

How about go get a j.o.b.? Do you hate copperheads too?

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

R_I, did you hear it from a friend, who heard from a friend?

Donnuts 3 years, 10 months ago

Tae Kwon Do, practice my juggling, sew some puppets, do my yoga, swim, run and cycle. Paint some and play the guitar, draw some more architecture and write. Same thing I do all year round. There doesn't seem to be a 'summer vacation' it is just a little bit more easy to do some of the things I do during the summer than it is during the winter months. Hopefully my wife will find a new job, help her job search so we can move on. Her research is pretty much done here.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 3 years, 10 months ago

Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

The_Original_Bob 3 years, 10 months ago

Kicking back and reading Spacehog's comments.

RoeDapple 3 years, 10 months ago

Hmmm . . . . I think I'll go to Vegas . . to take some classes . . . and visit my family . . . while I grow a baby . . .

autie 3 years, 10 months ago

what is this vacation you speak of? Maybe I'll taste my house for lead paint.

prospector 3 years, 10 months ago

No time. I have to rotate out the provisions in the bunker. There will be strategery meetings at the Free State Brewery and multiple exercises inside the wire at the compound.

geekin_topekan 3 years, 10 months ago

^^^Hey Kealing, is this a certain banned poster's phoenix rising?^^^

I speak of the spam.

looza 3 years, 10 months ago

cleaning up oil down in the Bayou and then boycotting every BP gas station I can find. Word....

spacehog 3 years, 10 months ago

Interesting. How do you grow a baby? I have some extra grow lights if you need them.