Previous   Next

What are your summer vacation plans?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on June 1, 2010

Browse the archives

“Grow a baby.”

“I’m actually on my summer vacation now, visiting family in Lawrence.”

“I’m visiting my boyfriend’s family here in Lawrence, then going back and taking summer classes and working in Champaign (Ill.)”

“Going to Vegas.”

Comments

looza 4 years, 6 months ago

cleaning up oil down in the Bayou and then boycotting every BP gas station I can find. Word....

geekin_topekan 4 years, 6 months ago

^^^Hey Kealing, is this a certain banned poster's phoenix rising?^^^

I speak of the spam.

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 6 months ago

I hope your house is tasty and lead free

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 6 months ago

OH WOW!! Can I bring the kids out for the Fourth of July cannon fire?

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

Hmmm . . . . I think I'll go to Vegas . . to take some classes . . . and visit my family . . . while I grow a baby . . .

Glenn Reed 4 years, 6 months ago

So someone's got hobbies you don't like.?

somedude20 4 years, 6 months ago

“Grow a baby.” Well hey now there. I am not a farmer (did sleep at a Holiday Inn once) but I have seed for your topsoil if you need help with the "planting" part. FYI, I am just a planter you will need to get a "groundskeeper" for the rest of it!

Cheers!

Kontum1972 4 years, 6 months ago

grow a tomato..then feed it to a baby.... the baby will make tomato relish.....squirt! green thumb mecca...

Kontum1972 4 years, 6 months ago

growing a BB at a gas station...gadzooks...

yankeevet 4 years, 6 months ago

Heading for the Rocky Mountains.........away from all you yahoos!!! lol...........

Deja Coffin 4 years, 6 months ago

This baby is pretty much done growing..... now I'm just ready to have a baby!!!! 3 DAYS!!!!

Cait McKnelly 4 years, 6 months ago

Congratulations on the new family member to be :) Now you know what you'll be doing with your summer vacation. Growing the baby to the point where you feel like you can leave the wee one long enough to get your hair cut or go to a movie.

countrygirl 4 years, 6 months ago

Rocky Mountain National Park with my son's boy scout troop.

jonas_opines 4 years, 6 months ago

I've been growing babies for awhile now. Had to grow them seasonally for a bit until I invested in a good hydroponics kit.

They're my power source.

Julie Craig 4 years, 6 months ago

Did you know you can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish?

Liberty275 4 years, 6 months ago

Spending my vacation pay and some more money on a 20 ft car trailer.

whats_going_on 4 years, 6 months ago

I don't really have a "vacation" anymore. :( But for the season...dog days, more dog days, maybe some laying out, and Seattle, for work. It'll be a'ight.

Liberty275 4 years, 6 months ago

Tippers mad because algore has been out chasing manbearpig too much so she's dumping him. She'll probably hook up wif fitty cent, given that she's a democrat and democrats are hypocrites. Luther Campbell has too much class for her.

ivalueamerica 4 years, 6 months ago

9 days in Buenos Aires, Gay tango lessons, boat to Montevideo, Evita Museum, Evita Cemetary, Evita Balcony. Then to fill out the 2 weeks, a quick treck to see the Nazca Lines and Colca Canyon in Peru.

ivalueamerica 4 years, 6 months ago

The_Original_Bob says… "Gay tango lessons," How does that differ from regular tango lessons?

Because it is men dancing with men, often shirtless.

Interesting fact about the tango, it originated with men dancing with men...to get in the mood for love. It was not gay, but at that time in Argentina, there were twice as many men as women and brothels were commonplace. As the men were waiting for their turn with the ladies..they would listen to music and dance with each other..and they would show the moves they were going to make with their women when their turn came...and from that, the Tango was born.

But I just like to see big strong masculine men dancing together closely, not afraid of sensuality.

Liberty275 4 years, 6 months ago

I hope you aren't a yankee quoting those lyrics. That's Florida music and not suitable for kansas.

slang4d 4 years, 6 months ago

“Grow a baby.”

Funny. I'm doing the same thing. Thankfully not on a gas station attendant salary, that would be rough. Best wishes to Lauren, nothing like having your body hijacked for nine months!

Deja Coffin 4 years, 6 months ago

I'll be done growing my baby in 3 days.... and I am soooo ready!!! At least she's a gas station attendant and not a government assistance leech! Hope you and your baby are doing great and the summer isn't too rough on you!

slang4d 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh, true, I was just not envying her situation. :) Wowza, I bet you're ready! Best wishes to you and your new little one! Thankfully summer is my second trimester. I feel for anyone due in August or September, that's a long and painful summer!

Chrissy Neibarger 4 years, 6 months ago

work. work and more work.
We are going to the Rolling Hills Zoo and a ghost tour of the city of Lawrence. But nothing too far away this year.

somedude20 4 years, 6 months ago

"I'm your ice cream man, stop me when I'm passin' by See now all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy, yes"

Sammy Hagar goes to the party but DLR is the party