Previous   Next

What is your favorite thing to grill?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on April 15, 2010

Browse the archives

“Salmon, I like to put rosemary, a little salt and pepper, and some oil on it.”

“Hamburgers, they’re good, juicy, I put rosemary on them and they just melt in your mouth.”

“Rib eye steak with a little grill seasoning.”

K.C. strips with some local seasoning on it.”

Comments

dfgdge 4 years ago

I like this site very much

jordan air max oakland raiders $34--39; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $32; jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $37; EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $16; coach okely Adidas CHANEL DG Sunglass $18; ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com==== I like this site very much ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com==== jordan air max oakland raiders $34--39; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; gstar coogi evisu true jeans $35; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $32; jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $37; EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $16; coach okely Adidas CHANEL DG Sunglass $18; ===== http://ww.etradinglife.com====

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

The thread we can't have on here, lol. DU reads differently than LJW, so read the top opening post, then scroll down just a bit to where the comments are opened up so you can see both the user's into line and their follow thru. Sort of like a subject line/body on and email.

CHEEZIT 4 years ago

Johnsonville Brats! Johnsonville Brats!!

riverdrifter 4 years ago

"Propane is a minion of the debil."

If so, hell's comin' and I'm coming with it!

I admit, I has been lured by Lucifer to the gaseous side -in part. And I like it. My Dad, rest his soul, would disown me...

Randall Barnes 4 years ago

chicken mix your herbs in the butter then stuff under the skin and grill. love grilling veggies another favorite is take a jumbo shrimp and half clove of garlic with a cherry tomato wrapped with bacon.

Randall Barnes 4 years ago

75x55 4 years ago

Leave Rosemary alone, you friggin cannibals...

riverdrifter 4 years ago

DIST has a winner with the 318p post.

Center cut beef tenderloin about 6 lbs. Ream a hole through it & stuff with spinach, lots of garlic, raisins and crumbled bacon. Tie up and slather the whole thing with the leftover bacon grease. Sear on direct heat turning it frequently for about 20-30 minutes. Lots of hot, smoky work with one of those huge 12" wide spatulas & have to drink a lot of beer to stay properly hydrated. Then cook on indirect heat to medium rare at most. Cook to any further doneness and the griller should be taken out and beaten with a gunnysack full of b#ttholes. Serve with your favorite dilled horseradish sauce recipe and a good bottle. Yes!

prospector 4 years ago

Jonas, you are slacking.

Brains!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin Roberts 4 years ago

Flat Iron Steaks; medium rare, coffee crust.

g_rock 4 years ago

Oh and there is nothing better than an open bonfire, a marshmallow, some chocolate and graham crackers. Though I do have a fantasy of having a s'more made with a melty Reeses Peanut Butter cup. One of these days I'm gonna have to do that.

whats_going_on 4 years ago

Salmon and veggies. Yummmmmmmmmeh

autie 4 years ago

Yes. Propane is a minion of the debil.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

"gas or charcoal?"

Charcoal or wood or charcoal and wood.

edjayhawk 4 years ago

Right-wing radical like Barry Penders and Tom Shewmon

autie 4 years ago

It has been such a nice day, I think I would like to grill some suspected communist sympathizers.

1029, how does that carrot thing work out..bacon does make everything better.

1029 4 years ago

Carrots wrapped in bacon.

Deja Coffin 4 years ago

I don't think there is much I don't like grilled. Especially with these pregnancy cravings.... we've cooked on the grill every night this week. My favorite is a K.C. Strip or some tender grilled veggies.... especially, corn on the cob! Yum!! For all you grillers, Home Depot has a lot of their grill baskets and accessories on sale for cheap. We got a beer butt chicken stand for a buck and a nice grill basket for only $3. Anyways, the real question of the day is do you use gas or charcoal? Charcoal here!!!

prospector 4 years ago

Gouda

. or anything else

BABBOY 4 years ago

Steaks I like Filets because they are leaner then Ribeyes or Porterhouses and not as expensive one might thing because they are all meat and no bone and little fat but I like most any steak as long as it is good cut.....

I like smoke or slow cook Prime Ribs or any kind of spare or baby back ribs.......

I always buy from the butcher (he knows me by name)........

autie 4 years ago

Multi, was that Private Cowboy from Full Metal Jacket? Oh wait a minute,he got killed in that movie, never mind.

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

If you rip your lips off trying this, don't come crying to me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfLhnk...

spacehog 4 years ago

Old bike tires, "Sense and Sensability", "Remains of the Day", and anything by Woody Allen.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

"Made a pear clafuotis in a dutch oven.."

Of course you did. You cheese eating surrender monkey.

The_Original_Bob 4 years ago

Most anything tastes good when you use carbon credits for smoke.

autie 4 years ago

The favorite grilling item? How does one pick the favorite? Sophia's choice type question. My favorite is pigs, cows, chickens, pheasants, quail, turkeys, lambs, shrimpies, scallops, lobsters, all fish, all veggies, shrooms,breads,....??WTH?? I even baked in the grill one time. Made a pear clafuotis in a dutch oven..

spacehog 4 years ago

Paul Simon, well done. I knew a man, his brain was so small, He couldn't think of nothing at all. He's not the same as you and me. He doesn't dig poetry. He's so unhip that When you say Dylan, he thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas, Whoever he was. The man ain't got no culture, But it's alright, ma, Everybody must get stoned, -Paul Simon, "A Simple Desultory Philippic"

Oh, Paul, Paul. It's okay. Not everyone can be Bob Dylan. Just because you're 4'3" and write crappy songs, you can still do many things. Just forget Bob still has a career and keeps winning Album of the Year. There's still a future for you in waste management.

g_rock 4 years ago

Eggplant slabs. I'm hungry now.

militant 4 years ago

Liberals, but they're so easy to burn.

spacehog 4 years ago

Thanks, Ret. I wondered why the thing felt so gooey in my hands. I tossed it on the grill and it looked like a scene out of "Backdraft". But I ate it anyway.

paulette2 4 years ago

BBQ chicken par boiled then marinated.

Roland Gunslinger 4 years ago

Asaparagus- EVOO, salt + pepper Chicken breasts- marinated overnight in italian dressing Ribeye steaks with a nice steak rub Salmon steaks marinated overnight in soy sauce, brown sugar, and garlic. Slowly grilled over some smoking hickory chips.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years ago

space, That is Crisco®, not chicken. Now people buy the can thinking they are getting a canned cherry pie. But ha, not. Just shortening.

spacehog 4 years ago

Head cheese, potted meat food product, and canned whole chicken. Yes, there is such a thing as a canned whole chicken. It's a whole chicken that comes in a Hi-C sized can. Yummy.

independant1 4 years ago

My roadkill grill favs? No.1 armadillo they dress out much cleaner than rabbits my No. 2.

I guess you could say No.1 beats No.2 by a hare.

spacehog 4 years ago

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. I knew this insecure, liberal, intellectual-wanna-be dude once. The guy had one CD. One. And guess what it was? Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits. All 2 of 'em. Boy, oh boy........ And you read your Emily Dickinson, And I my Robert Frost, And we note our place with bookmarkers That measure what we've lost. Like a poem poorly written We are verses out of rhythm, Couplets out of rhyme, In syncopated time Lost in the dangling conversation And the superficial sighs, Are the borders of our lives. -Simon and Garfunk, " The Dangling Conversation"

Hey Paul, go Dangle yourself off a 300 ft. cliff. Please? Excuse me while I go throw up.

autie 4 years ago

If Monica is a stay at home mom from Colorado, what is she doing at Checkers in Lawrence? huh?

spacehog 4 years ago

Checkers. Did the LJW finally go out and buy some cool? See? You get a good cross-section of different people, not just the same wealthy, coffee-shop-cool, NPR freak recyclers at the Merc. "Oh, of course(rubs chin), I'm definitley struggling in these difficult times. But I can't sacrifice my $10/oz. wheat germ and my $12/lb. Amana beef."

spacehog 4 years ago

Funny, coincidence. We just fired our grill up last night. The damn matchlight coals had been sitting in the shed all winter and wouldn't light, so I threw some gas on 'em. I probably should have done that BEFORE I lit the coals. I put my brain on it first. This is what your brain looks like on Spacehog's grill. http://www.bilbaoisrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/preorder_jimi_monterey_image.jpg

spacehog 4 years ago

Bacon strips, with a side of skidmarks and tabbacky stains.

spacehog 4 years ago

Roe, come on over and let's do some grillin'. I do the toilet paper thing too. I know you're cool 'cuz you're almost as disgusting as I am.

Dixie Jones 4 years ago

pork n beans, lil suckers are a challenge to keep on there but its worth the game .

independant1 4 years ago

The daughter's boyfriends.

Multidisciplinary 4 years ago

Spring? -The smallest girl scouts to come selling cookies. I can have them in tears in 3 min flat. The rest of the year?-Telemarketers.

Bob Kraxner 4 years ago

^ ^ ^ ^ Good one Roe... How about shrimp on the barbie, with lobster tail and filet mignon?

RoeDapple 4 years ago

And raccoon. but you really need to get them off the highway before the semi-trucks press all the natural juices out of them

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Okay, that won't stay long.

Beef. Any way you can grill any cut of beef is my preference.

RoeDapple 4 years ago

Toilet paper. Brown it on one side then throw it in the pot.