Previous   Next

What is your favorite thing to grill?

Asked at Checkers Food Store, 23rd and La. on April 15, 2010

Browse the archives

“Salmon, I like to put rosemary, a little salt and pepper, and some oil on it.”

“Hamburgers, they’re good, juicy, I put rosemary on them and they just melt in your mouth.”

“Rib eye steak with a little grill seasoning.”

K.C. strips with some local seasoning on it.”

Comments

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

Toilet paper. Brown it on one side then throw it in the pot.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

No Jack for me Py ;-)

Not much sleep either 8-(

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

Okay, that won't stay long.

Beef. Any way you can grill any cut of beef is my preference.

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

And raccoon. but you really need to get them off the highway before the semi-trucks press all the natural juices out of them

Dixie Jones 4 years, 6 months ago

pork n beans, lil suckers are a challenge to keep on there but its worth the game .

RoeDapple 4 years, 6 months ago

The spacehog seal of approval . . .

How am I gonna top that!

independant1 4 years, 6 months ago

Ever heard of a time space warp?

independant1 4 years, 6 months ago

My roadkill grill favs? No.1 armadillo they dress out much cleaner than rabbits my No. 2.

I guess you could say No.1 beats No.2 by a hare.

twinetowngirl 4 years, 6 months ago

what is EVOO? I spear the little suckers with wooden sticks and put olive oil and garlic on them...

Deja Coffin 4 years, 6 months ago

I don't think there is much I don't like grilled. Especially with these pregnancy cravings.... we've cooked on the grill every night this week. My favorite is a K.C. Strip or some tender grilled veggies.... especially, corn on the cob! Yum!! For all you grillers, Home Depot has a lot of their grill baskets and accessories on sale for cheap. We got a beer butt chicken stand for a buck and a nice grill basket for only $3. Anyways, the real question of the day is do you use gas or charcoal? Charcoal here!!!

1029 4 years, 6 months ago

Carrots wrapped in bacon.

whats_going_on 4 years, 6 months ago

Salmon and veggies. Yummmmmmmmmeh

Deja Coffin 4 years, 6 months ago

I roast marshmallows on the gas stove just to get my roasted marshmallow fix.... yet another pregnancy craving!

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

DIST has a winner with the 318p post.

Center cut beef tenderloin about 6 lbs. Ream a hole through it & stuff with spinach, lots of garlic, raisins and crumbled bacon. Tie up and slather the whole thing with the leftover bacon grease. Sear on direct heat turning it frequently for about 20-30 minutes. Lots of hot, smoky work with one of those huge 12" wide spatulas & have to drink a lot of beer to stay properly hydrated. Then cook on indirect heat to medium rare at most. Cook to any further doneness and the griller should be taken out and beaten with a gunnysack full of b#ttholes. Serve with your favorite dilled horseradish sauce recipe and a good bottle. Yes!

Randall Barnes 4 years, 6 months ago

chicken mix your herbs in the butter then stuff under the skin and grill. love grilling veggies another favorite is take a jumbo shrimp and half clove of garlic with a cherry tomato wrapped with bacon.

Randall Barnes 4 years, 6 months ago

riverdrifter 4 years, 6 months ago

"Propane is a minion of the debil."

If so, hell's comin' and I'm coming with it!

I admit, I has been lured by Lucifer to the gaseous side -in part. And I like it. My Dad, rest his soul, would disown me...

CHEEZIT 4 years, 6 months ago

Johnsonville Brats! Johnsonville Brats!!