Previous   Next

Do you like snow?

Asked at Speedway Shell, 1733 Mass. St. on November 17, 2009

Browse the archives

“Yeah … too much snow is annoying, but the first snow is always fun.”

“Yeah because it reminds me of December, Christmas and when I was a little kid.”

“I do like snow, but only when it sticks.”

“I love it because it’s gorgeous and beautiful and natural.”

Related story

Comments

gccs14r 5 years, 1 month ago

I think pictures of snow in the wilderness are pretty. I don't like either cold or snow in real life, though.

Mel Briscoe 5 years, 1 month ago

i think it is very pretty to LOOK at. i can't stand having to walk and drive through it though.

grammaddy 5 years, 1 month ago

Love it, as long as I don't have to drive in it. Most of the students act like they've never seen it before and don't have a clue how to manuever around in it.

3crookedhearts 5 years, 1 month ago

After Eminem and the Beastie Boys, he's probably the best white rapper. Informer is a GREAT song.

RoeDapple 5 years, 1 month ago

–noun 1. Meteorology. a precipitation in the form of ice crystals, mainly of intricately branched, hexagonal form and often agglomerated into snowflakes, formed directly from the freezing of the water vapor in the air. Compare ice crystals, snow grains, snow pellets. 2. these flakes as forming a layer on the ground or other surface. 3. the fall of these flakes or a storm during which these flakes fall. 4. something resembling a layer of these flakes in whiteness, softness, or the like: the snow of fresh linen. 5. Literary. a. white blossoms. b. the white color of snow. 6. Slang. cocaine or heroin.

1,2 and 3. It's alright, don't like shoveling it

1. You obviously haven't seen the water out here.

2. a and b Huh?

3. D@#n kids! Get off my yard!

Leslie Swearingen 5 years, 1 month ago

Roe, so you have kids doing snow, in the snow? In your yard? Address? :-)

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

I liked his song "Informer" (fyi Snow I believe is a cousin to one of The Bare Naked Ladies...not Anna)

"Informer"

[CHORUS:] Informer You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame A licky boom-boom down 'Tective man he say, say Daddy Me Snow me stab someone down the lane A licky boom-boom down

Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door One him come crawl through through my window So they put me in the back the car at the station From that point on I reach my destination Well the destination reached in down-a East detention Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom

[CHORUS]

Bigger they are they think they have more power There on the phone me say that on hour Me for want to use it once and-a me call me lover Lover who me callin'-a the one Tammy And me love her in my heart down to my belly-a Yes say Daddy Me Snow me I feel cool and deadly Yes the one MC Shan and the one Daddy Snow Together we-a love 'em(?) as a tornado

[CHORUS]

Listen to me ya better listen for me now Listen to me ya better listen for me now When-a me rock-a the microphone, me rock on steady-a Yes-a Daddy Me Snow me are the article don But the in an a-out (?) a dance an they say, "Where ya come from?" People them say I come from Jamaica But me born and raised in Etobicoke I want ya to know-a Pure black people man thats all I man know Yeah me shoes are-a tear up an-a my toes used to show-a Where me-a born in-a the one Toronto

[CHORUS]

Come with a nice young lady Intelligent, yes she gentle and irie Everywhere me go me never lef' her at all-ie Yes-a Daddy Snow me are the roam dance man-a Roam between-a dancin' in-a in-a nation-a You never know say Daddy Me Snow me are the boom shakata Me never lay-a down flat in-a one cardboard box-a Yes-a Daddy Me Snow me-a go reachin' out da top

[CHORUS]

Why would he? [repeat]

[MC Shan:]

Me sittin round cool with my jiggy jiggy girl Police knock my door, lick up my pal Rough me up and I cant do a thing Pick up my line when my telephone ring Take me to the station, black up my hands Trail me down 'cause I'm hanging with the Snowman What an I gonna do, I'm backed and I'm trapped Smack me in my face, took all of my gap They have no clues and they wanna get warmer But Shan won't turn informer

Bill Lee 5 years, 1 month ago

Snow is OK, but ice sucks, and we tend to get more ice than snow. I'm thinking of just hibernating this year.

somedude20 5 years, 1 month ago

^ ^ ^ Snow is cool but Ice Cube is cold!

denak 5 years, 1 month ago

I love snow. Or at least I will for probably another month, then I am going to want it to go away.

Christine Anderson 5 years, 1 month ago

Waiting for "real" snow down here, year after year after year....