Previous   Next

Do you prefer to “spring forward” or “fall back”?

Asked at Hy-Vee, 3504 W. Clinton Parkway on November 1, 2009

Browse the archives

“Fall back because I get to sleep more.”

“Fall back because I like the extra hour of sleep.”

“Fall back because I like the extra hour of sleep.”

“Spring forward. It’s a better time of the year.”

Comments

farfle 4 years, 5 months ago

I thought it was Fall forward, Spring back. No wonder I'm always late.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 5 months ago

Oh, I just read about the Sandbar doing the Rocky Horror Bus Trip. The website one of the highlights of the evening was one woman at the movie, hadn't been before and she complaining at everyone to quiet down so she could hear the movie.

Irish, did you go see Rocky Horror with the Sandbar crowd on the Bus the other night?

prospector 4 years, 5 months ago

Bob, Renaldo, you guys should take that act to the midnight showing of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 5 months ago

If you'd all start that now, I'd really appreciate it. In fact, just get the whole planet to come to a stand still before sunset tonight if you can swing it. I don't like Mondays.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 5 months ago

If at 8 am tomorrow morning (1400 UTC), we would all spin counter-clockwise, each and every turn of our bodys will rob the planet of it's angular momentum, slowing it's spin by the tiniest bit, lengthing the day, and delaying the darkness.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago

Scratch (ALL) those earlier posts. Spring forward. (Can no longer fall back.)

prospector 4 years, 5 months ago

That is like asking which is better, Miabock or Doppelbock?

RoeDapple 4 years, 5 months ago

the only spring i'm concerned with now is the firing pin spring on my model 700. the only fall i want to think about is when that 150 gr. nosler ballistic tip hits that buck in december and he falls on the spot.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 4 years, 5 months ago

Multi, When someone asks me what time it is, I generally answer "now".

autie 4 years, 5 months ago

Now we fixin to spring forward out to the lake and see if we can make a few ducks fall backward.

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 5 months ago

I do believe most of you have it covered, although I do enjoy more sunlight later in the day whenever that happens. I haven't done much springing since 2005, and my falling tends to be to the right more than backwards now thanks to the ice storm in 2004.

How many things did/do you have to adjust the time on?

I left my LR one as it was in the spring, so I guess I could change the ca,r and then the bedroom, but will probably wait until the power goes out next time when I have to as it's a bitch physically (old,pointy buttons in the back). The computer and phone change themselves, so that leaves a potential 2 for me.

How about you?

autie 4 years, 5 months ago

The falling is easy. But with my knees, that springing is a little dicey at times.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago

( Springing backward invariably leaves one falling forward. )

M. Lindeman 4 years, 5 months ago

RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says…

I just want my summer back.

rdragon writes:

Did I miss it, we didn't seem to have a summer this year. We pretty much went from spring straight to fall this year.

autie 4 years, 5 months ago

I prefer often, but when I do it is Dos Equis.

ChristmasCaroll 4 years, 5 months ago

Spring forward.... falling backward is too much. Especially in a bad crowd.

sgtwolverine 4 years, 5 months ago

Neither. Just leave the time where it is.