Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“‘Codependent No More,’ by Melody Beattie. I had some questions about what codependency was, and this is proving to be a very good book on the subject.”

“‘Teach Yourself Visually: Jewelry Making and Beading,’ by Chris Franchetti Michaels. I figured I could always look outside my university for inspiration and teaching.”

“‘Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter,’ by Laurell K. Hamilton. It’s a really fun book with comedy and drama and a lot of violence. … I just enjoy a lot of what she writes.”

“‘Dune,’ by Frank Herbert. I’m a science-fiction nerd. I’m just trying to read a bunch of the sci-fi classics.”

“‘Death Rat,’ by Michael J. Nelson. He (the author) was formerly on this television show called ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000,’ and I kind of enjoyed their humor.”

Comments

RoeDapple 5 years, 9 months ago

Brett Brett I'm I'm reading reading the the LJW LJW online! online!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 9 months ago

Wow- two people (I mean lawyers) reading the same book.... they even look the same, but you know lawyers..... They love the attention, and if they don't get it.... well they repeat themselves.

grammaddy 5 years, 9 months ago

This is my favorite spot for the Sunday comics. I don't readily agree with most of the posters but you guys crack me up today!

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Gwynne Dyer is a Canadian journalist of long and good standing who specializes in international conflict reporting. I am reading one of his many books on international conflict. It is one of several he has written on the Middle East conflict in Iraq. He knows his stuff. This book is called The Mess They Made, and you know who the They is. He gives some incite into the future of the middle east after the withdrawal of foreigners from the region and it is not a nice picture.

RoeDapple 5 years, 9 months ago

"This book is called The Mess They Made, and you know who the They is"

? The Canadians?...............

;-)

Afternoon, ms_

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Afternoon Roe - ?The Canadians? oh yes they have made a few messes over the years, but Iraq was not one of them. Our forces are in Afganistan trying to clean up the mess some other "They" made there.

RoeDapple 5 years, 9 months ago

Glad you didn't take me seriously ms_

ms_canada 5 years, 9 months ago

Roe - on this board you never know who to take seriously.

HermioneElliott 5 years, 9 months ago

I am reading the entire series of Aubrey/Maturin books by Patrick O'Brien, all twenty of them. I was checking them out at the library and then decided I had to own them. I am now totally fascinated by British Naval warfare during the Napoleonic Wars. The tall ships were awesome. And, all I want is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.