Previous   Next

What’s the hardest test you’ve ever taken?

Asked at Lawrence High School on December 28, 2009

Browse the archives

“The ones we did today, math finals. I’m not good in math at all. ”

“It was my EMT test. ”

“The science test I took today. I don’t like science.”

“Probably a physics test or any science test. The formulas are really hard to remember.”

Related story

Comments

Pywacket 4 years, 3 months ago

Took some pretty challenging chem exams back in the day. Very rewarding when you ace one. I was one of those freak kids who loved tests all the way through school. To this day, I would rather sit down to a good hard test than clean house!

ChristyLittle 4 years, 3 months ago

Hi, everyone. Brent Smith's comment reflects the day he was interviewed, which is typically a week or more before the publication date for Go! We could have made a note on when he gave the interview since we would not change a direct quote.

Happy holidays ... I hope you haven't taken any tests today, either!

Christy Little Go! editor

geekin_topekan 4 years, 3 months ago

LHS is closed. These are some ambitious tykes. No snow at the LHS pictured either. Lawrence, MA. perhaps?

jonas_opines 4 years, 3 months ago

Life. That one's a b#@$h, and they don't give you near enough prep material before making you take it, not by long a long shot.

Tom Shewmon 4 years, 3 months ago

Real estate exam....made a 92%. Second hardest was Roadway Express' New Supervisor Orientation Program which you studied a manual about 4" thick for a couple/few months and then flew to the orientation/testing in Akron Ohio. If you made below, I believe a 70%, you got a bus ticket home and didn't need to show back up to work---I made a 94% on that one. To say I was nervous is a vast understatement.

porch_person 4 years, 3 months ago

georgeofwesternkansas wins this one.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 3 months ago

autie, good point. salina's schools aren't reopened until january 4.

autie 4 years, 3 months ago

Brent already took a math final today and got it on OTS? More from the LJW time space continuum. And why is it every other high school I can think of is closed for christmas break until January? I think these kids are getting hosed if they had to go to school today. And why is there no snow in the pictures?

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 3 months ago

lct, psychics would be very hard as well... i have never been math-science oriented. i realize that we put limitations on ourselves w/ that kind of thinking so i have tried to get out of the whole math-anxiety mindset but i much prefer words, language, art, and the like. anyway, a C would've been a great grade for me in psychics so i congratulate you on that grade. :)

smitty 4 years, 3 months ago

The heart stress test. Or maybe it was the one mammogram that required a biopsy. Those tests that truly put your life on the line are intimidating.

leedavid 4 years, 3 months ago

Hardest test for me was the Air Force officer exam. A pretest to determine if an individual had the broad academic background to be admitted into Officer Training School. A timed exam divided into many sections and several hours to take.

lctchr1 4 years, 3 months ago

Mel, I took a class at KU in the business school that had you get into the nitty gritty of excel. It was very, very hard. Physics also wasn't my cup of tea. Was happy to get out of the class with a C.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 3 months ago

i don't know about the hardest test i've ever taken but the exam in advanced spreadsheets (the upper levels of excel) was pretty mind boggling. can't believe i ended up w/ an 87% in that class!! i am so NOT a numbers sort of person.

number3of5 4 years, 3 months ago

I don't know if it was the hardest, but it was the only test I ever failed, a musical aptitude test.