Previous   Next

What’s the hardest test you’ve ever taken?

Asked at Lawrence High School on December 28, 2009

Browse the archives

“The ones we did today, math finals. I’m not good in math at all. ”

“It was my EMT test. ”

“The science test I took today. I don’t like science.”

“Probably a physics test or any science test. The formulas are really hard to remember.”

Related story

Comments

number3of5 4 years, 9 months ago

I don't know if it was the hardest, but it was the only test I ever failed, a musical aptitude test.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 9 months ago

i don't know about the hardest test i've ever taken but the exam in advanced spreadsheets (the upper levels of excel) was pretty mind boggling. can't believe i ended up w/ an 87% in that class!! i am so NOT a numbers sort of person.

lctchr1 4 years, 9 months ago

Mel, I took a class at KU in the business school that had you get into the nitty gritty of excel. It was very, very hard. Physics also wasn't my cup of tea. Was happy to get out of the class with a C.

leedavid 4 years, 9 months ago

Hardest test for me was the Air Force officer exam. A pretest to determine if an individual had the broad academic background to be admitted into Officer Training School. A timed exam divided into many sections and several hours to take.

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 9 months ago

lct, psychics would be very hard as well... i have never been math-science oriented. i realize that we put limitations on ourselves w/ that kind of thinking so i have tried to get out of the whole math-anxiety mindset but i much prefer words, language, art, and the like. anyway, a C would've been a great grade for me in psychics so i congratulate you on that grade. :)

Mel Briscoe 4 years, 9 months ago

autie, good point. salina's schools aren't reopened until january 4.

jonas_opines 4 years, 9 months ago

Life. That one's a b#@$h, and they don't give you near enough prep material before making you take it, not by long a long shot.

geekin_topekan 4 years, 9 months ago

LHS is closed. These are some ambitious tykes. No snow at the LHS pictured either. Lawrence, MA. perhaps?

ChristyLittle 4 years, 9 months ago

Hi, everyone. Brent Smith's comment reflects the day he was interviewed, which is typically a week or more before the publication date for Go! We could have made a note on when he gave the interview since we would not change a direct quote.

Happy holidays ... I hope you haven't taken any tests today, either!

Christy Little Go! editor