Previous   Next

How much of an impact do the presidential debates have on your vote?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on September 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“It really doesn’t for me. I already have my mind made up on who I’m voting for.”

“I think the debates will definitely influence my vote. Right now it’s all just media hype, so I’m really looking forward to hearing more of their ideas and them debating the issues face to face.”

“Probably not much. I’m set in my decision. I’ll watch them if I have the time, but it won’t make a difference one way or the other.”

“My mind is made up. I’m having company over during this debate, but I’m thinking about taping it just because I do want to at least hear what they have to say.”

Related story

Comments

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago

My vote was long ago determined by the "burning shrubbery" unconsumed by flames. It called to me... it asked me to remove my shoes... then it consumed my shoes with its flames, leaving me the long walk back home unshod.

LHS1980 5 years, 11 months ago

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

KayCee 5 years, 11 months ago

My mind was decided when Mr.O announced he was running. I've opposed him since he ran for Senate.

sunflower_sue 5 years, 11 months ago

I expected McCain to do better than he did. I'm more interested in the vp debate. I'm draggin out the popcorn for that one.

beatrice 5 years, 11 months ago

Like madmike or jayhawk intended to vote for anyone other than the Republican prior to the debate. Sure. The debates will have no influence on my vote. What they have to say face to side of face (seeing as how McCain wouldn't even look at Obama during the debate) has already been said elsewhere. As stated at the RNC, McCain wants government to get out of business' way (except when they need a bailout). He was one of the first people to call to invade Iraq after 9/11, has been one of Bush's most loyal supporters the past several years, and indicates interest in bombing Iran. Obama's views are much more in line of supporting the middle class and not just the wealthy of Wall Street. I agree with this view of making America stronger, and disagree with McCain's continuation of Bush's failed trickle-down economic policies that gives all the breaks to the wealthiest of the wealthy. Obama 2008!

Potawatomi 5 years, 11 months ago

If madmike and jayhawk live in Douglas County it won't make a damn bit of difference who they vote for. The county will go Democrat regardless.

jayhawkframer 5 years, 11 months ago

I agree with madmike. If McCain is wrong on everthing then why did Obama agree so much with McCain. I'll be voting for McCain also.

mom_of_three 5 years, 11 months ago

Since my Republican-Reagan worshipping Air Force Major cousin registered as a Democrat this year, that will have more impact than a debate. The candidates are just going to tell us what we want to hear, and who knows if they actually mean it. It will come down to who is more believable and convincing.

Christine Pennewell Davis 5 years, 11 months ago

none they all lie never know who is telling anything close to the truth just close your eyes and hope you choose the lesser of 2 evils.

dajudge 5 years, 11 months ago

Should I vote to puke, or have diarhea? Which would be worse?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 11 months ago

The two weakest candidates in history won the past two elections.

gogoplata 5 years, 11 months ago

The Debates are a sham. Providing the illusion that we have the freedom to choose our leaders in this country. Where was Nader, Barr, Baldwin, and McKinney last night? Vote 3rd party.