Previous   Next

How much does the rainy weather affect your mood?

Asked at Borders, 700 N.H. St. on September 13, 2008

Browse the archives

“Not much. I like it because it’s calming. The only thing I don’t like about it is that I work in a restaurant and more people tend to go out to eat when it’s raining.”

“Multiple days of rain get me down a bit. One day now and then doesn’t bother me much. It’s actually kind of a reprieve.”

“Not a lot really. All that it makes me want to do is curl up on the couch and read a book.”

“It does impact me a bit. I woke up this morning and sent my friend a text about what a dreary day it is. When it’s like this outside, it just feels so blah.”

Related story

Comments

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

Reticent, that all depends on my daughters. And if the homemade crust works out or I have to sneak to the store for a Pillsbury one.

Flap Doodle 6 years, 2 months ago

The lemurs are roosting in the willow trees.....

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

The moral of the story: if you have a job or are in school, rainy weather is no big deal; if you're unemployed, rainy weather is depressing.I actually enjoy some good rainy weather. Not all the time, of course, but enough. This is probably good, as it's raining right now and promises to do so throughout the weekend.

canyon_wren 6 years, 2 months ago

Dejacrew423--aren't the Janet Evanovich books great? Are you on number 14? I've read them all--can't decide who is the coolest--Joe Morelli or Ranger. I kind of lean toward the latter. And Grandma Mazur is a treasure (guess that rhymes, doesn't it?--provided I am pronouncing it right!).

ohjayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

I quite enjoy rainy days. We've been quite dry the past few months. We could use a few days of nice soaking rains.sgt - I wouldn't imagine the rain would be too good for your tools of the trade though.

jumpin_catfish 6 years, 2 months ago

I got a pot o soup cookin', how's that for mood therapy?

Crossfire 6 years, 2 months ago

My D-O-G told me to build a boat.Your dyslexic servant, Noah.

ljworldsubscriber 6 years, 2 months ago

The rain/weather thing isn't the real story here - it's the amazing fact that out of four people, three of them have two first names, and the fourth has two last names!! What are the odds? Nearly incredible!

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

I'm actually just finishing up Lean Mean Thirteen. I used to listen to them at work but jut got back into reading them. I'm a sucker for Ranger. I love those books because they're the first books that have made me out of nowhere start cracking up. I worked with a lady exactly like Lulu.

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

also, the rain sucks when you're only constant form of transportation is a scooter

sgtwolverine 6 years, 2 months ago

Ohjay, it does make things a little bit more difficult, but it also makes for some really, really cool pictures sometimes -- especially for sports. See the third, fourth and fifth pictures here:http://burrillstrong.com/wordpress/?p=358I do have a rain cover for my longer lens (http://www.naturescapes.net/store/product.php?productid=131&cat=67&page=1 ), so I can shoot in those conditions without destroying my camera. But I don't have a cover for my wide lens, so the other camera has to stay in the bag.

coolmom 6 years, 2 months ago

firstly sgt, those are awesome pics. as for the rain question i love it when it rains at night and i can sleep with my windows open or on the covered porch it is very soothing. i dislike daytime rain and it makes me feel sad and irritable if it is heavy overcast for more than a day or two.

canyon_wren 6 years, 2 months ago

Living in arid country, I appreciate any rain we get--not just for the moisture, but for the change. I really like rainy days--they put me in the mood to bake something or make soup, etc. We don't have the magnificent storms out here in canyon country that Kansas has, and I kind of miss those--the yellow sky and stillness before a major thunderstorm. Of course, I don't miss the tornadoes. We do have great chain lightning around here which is spectacular--not much of the broad "heat lightning" of the Midwest, however.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

I agree with canyon, I actually think I'm going to bake a pie today. I've got a big box of freshly picked apples calling me. The rain also makes me want to sip tea or drink coffee all day. And I'd love to finish the Janet Evanovich book I started but the 1 year old and 4 year old will decide that I need to play with play-dough and read princess stories instead.

ms_canada 6 years, 2 months ago

Oh yeh! I love rainy days because I have a good excuse not to go for a walk. I know that I have to walk each day to keep in shape, but I totally hate it. I am so dang lazy it hurts. With the rain I don't have to feel guilty for lying on the sofa all day long reading the latest book from the library. yipeeeee! lazy people love the rain.

trinity 6 years, 2 months ago

as long as i have plenty of sugar laden fattening snacks and a good book handy i am fine...oh yeah also as long as my internet connection&satellite tv stay on, i can cope. heh.

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

Anyone made it out to Renn Fest yet? It's completely off subject but just curious.

Chris Ogle 6 years, 2 months ago

First day of rain is fine.... second day, not so good.... third day sucks

jonas_opines 6 years, 2 months ago

Not at all, and I strongly advise you to not ask again, you conceited, self-centered, irritatingly gauche @#$%$#@5 235@#%$@#$#@ %@#%@#%@#$@#$$^%$&$%%^%^%^%^%^$*$%^&$#^#$%$&%$&%^&(#@@$%^!!!!!

bearded_gnome 6 years, 2 months ago

"Not much. I like it because it's calming. The only thing I don't like about it is that I work in a restaurant and more people tend to go out to eat whenit's raining."---Adam Luke, aboveYO Adam ... Dude! you work in a restaurant! most restaurants make more money when there are more customers! Most waiters make more in tips when there are more customers! or, what restaurant do you work at then?Dejahow was that pie then? hope you went for the homemade crust!
answer the question: no problem, what's a little water? just means I can't walk my dog on the levee 'cuz of the mud. ***as to py,if I remember right, her name was the name of Jimmy Stewart's horse. horses are usually great in the rain.

ohjayhawk 6 years, 2 months ago

sgt - those pics are very cool. It's very interesting how a little water can give such a different take on a picture.We just got home from the Columbus Zoo today, and on the way I saw something interesting... something that made me long for a trip out that way. I saw a pick-up truck and trailer with Douglas County plates on I-70 here in little 'ol Ohio. lol

Deja Coffin 6 years, 2 months ago

I decided to go with Beer Bread instead of Pie. The girls kept me busy so I had to find the easier of the two. So if anyone wants a really easy and good beer bread recipe, I got one! Maybe we'll try for pie today. I'm thinking around naptime!

bearded_gnome 6 years, 2 months ago

hey snappy,you see geraldo rivera down there? put him right between your headlights, okay?