Previous   Next

What is your favorite scary movie?

Asked at Central Junior High School on October 27, 2008

Browse the archives

“I’m going to have to say ‘The Ring.’ The whole little girl thing freaks me out.”

“The original ‘Halloween.’ The main reason I like it is that I’ve been watching it since I was little, but I also like how the dialogue is written.”

“I’m going to go with the new ‘Halloween.’ He’s there, and then when they turn to look at him, he’s gone.”

Sweeny Todd,’ because it has Johnny Depp in it.”

The Grudge 2.’ I love that movie, because it takes place in so many different settings, and the girl is so scary.”

The Sixth Sense,’ because it had a whole bunch of creepy dead people, and I was afraid they were going to come haunt me.”

Related story

Comments

Bassetlover 5 years, 5 months ago

From 1956, the Academy award winning movie The Bad Seed......fabulously scary!

logicsound04 5 years, 5 months ago

Army of Darkness. "This is my boomstick:."--------------"well hello mister fancy pants, right now youre the leader of jack and sh*t and jack just left town."Great movie. Not terribly scary, but great.

Gootsie 5 years, 5 months ago

TOB - you crack me up!Last House on the Left. Saw it in Dodge City and will never forget it...

OonlyBonly 5 years, 5 months ago

Any of the new plotless, characterless hero movies of recent years.

Deja Coffin 5 years, 5 months ago

Does To Wong Fu Thanks For Everything count? That was pretty scary. Mine is Killer Klowns from Outerspace and my husband's is the Nightmare on Elm Street Series.

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 5 months ago

Bea -I bought that movie on the digital tv on a lark. After about the first five minutes of adjusting to the English accents, I was with it. Those guys reminded me of our friends in college. Smoking some glaucoma meds..."Oh, there's a zombie in the backyard."Someone gets dead... "Maybe this is an issue."They are after us... "Let's go to the bar (The Winchester iirc.)"I think my favorite angle of the movie was how the way to kill zombies was to thump them in the head nonchantantly. Good stuff.Amityville Horror (the original) is a good one. Polt as well.

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

TOB: Loved Shaun of the Dead. As the chaps on the Guiness commercials would say: "Brilliant!"

George_Braziller 5 years, 5 months ago

Halloween - the original one. Lot's of psychological terror. The fear of what you don't see is much more powerful than just plain gore. Out of the entire movie you only see about five seconds of blood.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago

Without doubt, The Birds, with its otherworldly appeal.That little cat-kid in The Grudge freaked me out.Jacob's Ladder... hell as the bridge to redemption... one of my all-time Top Ten. Oh... and Ronda's BLOGs... "I see red people...."

The_Original_Bob 5 years, 5 months ago

"Of course, now I'm hooked on zombie movies." BeaDid you like Shaun of the Dead?

beatrice 5 years, 5 months ago

bd: "'W'. The ending is the best part."I haven't seen it yet. I'm assuming that just before he leaves office the nuclear weapons all go off. It would seem like the only appropriate ending to an inappropriate presidency. Scariest movie: original "Night of the Living Dead." Saw it in the theaters as a kid when it first came out. I should not have been allowed in that theater. It scared the heck out of me, and is the only film that has ever given me nightmares. Of course, now I'm hooked on zombie movies. I think stem-cell research will eventually lead to a zombie army. Honest, I don't see a problem arising from that.

kidicarus 5 years, 5 months ago

"RETICENT_IRREVERENT (Anonymous) says: The Wizard of Oz. It's not the flying monkeys or the witch thats scary:It's the guy behind the blue curtain. .Who is behind Obama's curtain pulling the levers?"Get a life.

bad_dog 5 years, 5 months ago

"W". The ending is the best part.

Windlass 5 years, 5 months ago

It would probably have to be the Amityville Horror.

autie 5 years, 5 months ago

Ben Hur. the chariot race scared the daylights out of me..but then I was only like 5 or 6 years old.

Flap Doodle 5 years, 5 months ago

Army of Darkness. "This is my boomstick...."

Norma Jeane Baker 5 years, 5 months ago

"A Christmas Story" -- The part where I thought that Ralphie really may have shot out his eye was too much for me to take.

jaywalker 5 years, 5 months ago

The Mothman Prophecies freaked me out. Don't like 'horror'.

Multidisciplinary 5 years, 5 months ago

hehehe.Does 11:14 count? Its suspenseful..and has some scary stuff in it.Some of the flicks from the far east they show on Sundance or IFC are really really creepy and sick. Definitely not for the squeamish.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years, 5 months ago

The Wizard of Oz. It's not the flying monkeys or the witch thats scary...It's the guy behind the blue curtain. .Who is behind Obama's curtain pulling the levers?