Previous   Next

What was your favorite KU basketball moment this season?

Browse the archives

“The K-State game where they just dominated them after they beat us the first time.”

“Senior night. We played really well and kept far enough ahead of them that it was just fun to watch.”

“I don’t remember what game it was in, but I remember this one play where Sherron Collins was literally covered by the whole team and still got the dunk anyway. It was amazing.”

“When they played Davidson because it was such a close game and then Curry couldn’t get that last shot off.”

“I think it was the Davidson game. It was close all the way down to the very end of the game, and that last second half-court shot was really close. It could have been anybody’s game.”

“When they won against Davidson because they actually had a good chance to win, but we pulled it off.”

Comments

toughangel41 6 years ago

I cried when I read Domino's comment... but then realized... hey... she did get the best seats in the house and I bet she even carried them to the basket a few times...GBU and your family and thank you for sharing that with us. It's always nice to know there are Jayhawk Angels among us. A wonderful cheerleading squad my prayers are also with your and your family :o)

cool 6 years ago

overtime last nite.

notajayhawk 6 years ago

The 12:17 mark of the first half versus Washburn on November 15th.

Lordie, what a dumb question.

lfrank 6 years ago

I am so proud of KU. KU has many fans in Canada, Saskatchewan to be exact. Go KU!

Lyle F.

kateku 6 years ago

Domino, I know she was there! God Bless!

acoupstick 6 years ago

Other than the Super Shot, Aldrich (freshman) ABUSING Hansborough (cpoy).

le 6 years ago

Gee...i can`t help but think my constitutional rights may be getting stepped on(can u say lawsuit)..how many others out their have had comments removed after after exposing a blogger as a staff writer?

Haiku_Cuckoo 6 years ago

I liked seeing Jeremy Case's multiple three-pointers in the Senior Night game. That brought the game to a whole new level of excitement.

cato_the_elder 6 years ago

Domino, great post. Blessings to you and your family.

cato_the_elder 6 years ago

Domino, great post. Best wishes to you and your family.

wn1127 6 years ago

Wow, domino.... What a story... I called on my Mom for help last night from her "best seats in the house", as well... Rock Chalk to all Jayhawks wherever they may be...

simplykristib 6 years ago

Definitely Chalmers' three-pointer to send the championship game into OT!

domino 6 years ago

Last night was the best - but for a different reason for my family. On Saturday afternoon, my mother-in-law lost her battle with lung cancer. She was a HUGE Jayhawk fan - watched all their games - so we know she had the best seats in the house Saturday night and last night. She will be burried this afternoon - wearing her favorite KU sweatshirt and with a small basketball with the team names and scores from those two games. In her honor, the entire family, the minister and as many of our friends as we can get the word to, will be wearing our crimson and blue. On Sunday, our minister told the family she would like nothing better than for us to be celebrating her life and a National Championship today - and he was right. After the game last night, Coach was talking about the stars aligning for the win last night. He didn't know he had a very special angel on the bench, too!

sunflowerks54 6 years ago

Collins is amazing and his 2 point shot to win in the Davidson game and Mario's shot rank up there as 2 of my favorite moments. But as happy as I am that they won the National Championship, I am glad that the Roy Williams/North Carolina saga is over and Williams showed a lot of class wearing a Jayhawk on his shirt at the game last night. Being a Jayhawk fan is wonderful this year with the Orange Bowl win and the National Championship. By the way, I am a KU alum from the class of 1988! How sweet this is!

thebcman 6 years ago

Sasha Kaun.First, his hair makeover this year was amazing!Second, he stepped up and showed us he can truly play the game!I hope he gets a chance in the NBA.Thanks Sasha, and all the Hawks for a tremendous year.

autie 6 years ago

oops..read my email wrong..I'm emotionally dislykic..Bill was talking to Perkins; not Pickens...that makes more sense..Besides, my Texas connections listen to too much talk radio.

JJE007 6 years ago

My favorite part was watching Sherron Collins dribbling the ball down the court. It creates a most secure feeling and all good things spring from it. Spark + Fire + Plug = THE ... SMC !

trinity 6 years ago

oh lordie autie...keep us posted? i sure hope he doesn't leave!

autie 6 years ago

and the worst moment..this morning when my gossip connections in Texas tell me that Pickens was willing to basically give OSU a blank check....he didn't care how much it cost..$4 mil/year plus a $6 mil signing on bonus. And that Bill was talking with Pickens this morning about it..Hope is just BS.

le 6 years ago

Blind luck! If Mario didnt find that 4 leaf clover on st. pattys day ..you all would be cryin in your beers rite now! Even a chicken fight is a 50/50 chance! Blind luck...Blind luck....Dont even try 2 pull the skill card on me! Blind luck!Besides ..chicken fights are a lot more exciting than Basketball! At least the chicken moves its head that way cuz its natural...Oh crap...i juz realized..so do black people! Don`t care what you think! Monkey see...Monkey do!

autie 6 years ago

Could have been when Memphis missed the free throw with 10.3 seconds left..that was the point my karma/chi knew something really good was about to happen. Then with Mario's three ball..a joyous salutation arose in the living room..and I was high fiveing my daughter/grandson/ and the cat!! Because we knew they couldn't hang in OT...HA!!

Catbacker 6 years ago

I think it was the K-State game...in Manhattan:) Mario is clutch, though.

coolmarv 6 years ago

I thought it was a dumb question also but then figured the LJW asked the question before the Final Game and they don't really ask or post the question for our (onliners) benefit. I'm sure everyone asked now would say the big Victory. We were at the fieldhouse and it was so awesome. You can't beleive how loud 10,000 could be. Just deafening. It was second to only being at the actual game. With about 15 seconds left the court was stormed. Just crazy. GO HAWKS!

sunflower_sue 6 years ago

When Coach Self changed up strategy to get us back on track (that was brilliant!)...AND Mario's 3 pointer!

consumer1 6 years ago

I agree with informed.Duh??? Let me seeeeeeee???? Noting stands out... could it be the national championship win???

dminear60 6 years ago

Senior night and Mario making the three to send us into overtime. What a season!

trinity 6 years ago

can i say all of 'em? i really really really mean it! :D ROCK CHALK BABIES WE'RE #1!!!!

le 6 years ago

Watchin all the wierdos...acting like a tribe gone mad! Downtown was full of people gone wild! I like watchin the monkeys at the zoo!

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

About the time when he sank the 3ptr. The cat had tolerated me saying NO loudly (one of it's most troublesome things to hear) several times, with each Memphis free throw.When the 3 ptr hit, I screamed, and the cat said, "Alright, that's it. I'm outta here!, and he left the room"I tried to reassure him, but more screams kept being ripped from my throat (throat is now deceased, hehe).Decided to make friends with him again after it was all over.:DSo, what are we all going to do now? The 20 yr wait was worth it. This was so much sweeter for the deficit.

Dixie Jones 6 years ago

i so agree informed ........ freaking awsome game !what a classic

Norma Jeane Baker 6 years ago

Duh! The moment when Mario sank the 3, sending us to OT and then the win!!!