Previous   Next

What was your favorite KU basketball moment this season?

Browse the archives

“The K-State game where they just dominated them after they beat us the first time.”

“Senior night. We played really well and kept far enough ahead of them that it was just fun to watch.”

“I don’t remember what game it was in, but I remember this one play where Sherron Collins was literally covered by the whole team and still got the dunk anyway. It was amazing.”

“When they played Davidson because it was such a close game and then Curry couldn’t get that last shot off.”

“I think it was the Davidson game. It was close all the way down to the very end of the game, and that last second half-court shot was really close. It could have been anybody’s game.”

“When they won against Davidson because they actually had a good chance to win, but we pulled it off.”

Comments

wn1127 6 years, 8 months ago

Wow, domino.... What a story... I called on my Mom for help last night from her "best seats in the house", as well... Rock Chalk to all Jayhawks wherever they may be...

notajayhawk 6 years, 8 months ago

The 12:17 mark of the first half versus Washburn on November 15th.

Lordie, what a dumb question.

cato_the_elder 6 years, 8 months ago

Domino, great post. Best wishes to you and your family.

cato_the_elder 6 years, 8 months ago

Domino, great post. Blessings to you and your family.

Haiku_Cuckoo 6 years, 8 months ago

I liked seeing Jeremy Case's multiple three-pointers in the Senior Night game. That brought the game to a whole new level of excitement.

acoupstick 6 years, 8 months ago

Other than the Super Shot, Aldrich (freshman) ABUSING Hansborough (cpoy).

kateku 6 years, 8 months ago

Domino, I know she was there! God Bless!

lfrank 6 years, 8 months ago

I am so proud of KU. KU has many fans in Canada, Saskatchewan to be exact. Go KU!

Lyle F.

coolmarv 6 years, 8 months ago

I thought it was a dumb question also but then figured the LJW asked the question before the Final Game and they don't really ask or post the question for our (onliners) benefit. I'm sure everyone asked now would say the big Victory. We were at the fieldhouse and it was so awesome. You can't beleive how loud 10,000 could be. Just deafening. It was second to only being at the actual game. With about 15 seconds left the court was stormed. Just crazy. GO HAWKS!

Catbacker 6 years, 8 months ago

I think it was the K-State game...in Manhattan:) Mario is clutch, though.

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

can i say all of 'em? i really really really mean it! :D ROCK CHALK BABIES WE'RE #1!!!!

Frederic Gutknecht IV 6 years, 8 months ago

My favorite part was watching Sherron Collins dribbling the ball down the court. It creates a most secure feeling and all good things spring from it. Spark + Fire + Plug = THE ... SMC !

domino 6 years, 8 months ago

Last night was the best - but for a different reason for my family. On Saturday afternoon, my mother-in-law lost her battle with lung cancer. She was a HUGE Jayhawk fan - watched all their games - so we know she had the best seats in the house Saturday night and last night. She will be burried this afternoon - wearing her favorite KU sweatshirt and with a small basketball with the team names and scores from those two games. In her honor, the entire family, the minister and as many of our friends as we can get the word to, will be wearing our crimson and blue. On Sunday, our minister told the family she would like nothing better than for us to be celebrating her life and a National Championship today - and he was right. After the game last night, Coach was talking about the stars aligning for the win last night. He didn't know he had a very special angel on the bench, too!

simplykristib 6 years, 8 months ago

Definitely Chalmers' three-pointer to send the championship game into OT!

Dixie Jones 6 years, 8 months ago

i so agree informed ........ freaking awsome game !what a classic

trinity 6 years, 8 months ago

oh lordie autie...keep us posted? i sure hope he doesn't leave!

sunflower_sue 6 years, 8 months ago

When Coach Self changed up strategy to get us back on track (that was brilliant!)...AND Mario's 3 pointer!

dminear60 6 years, 8 months ago

Senior night and Mario making the three to send us into overtime. What a season!

sunflowerks54 6 years, 8 months ago

Collins is amazing and his 2 point shot to win in the Davidson game and Mario's shot rank up there as 2 of my favorite moments. But as happy as I am that they won the National Championship, I am glad that the Roy Williams/North Carolina saga is over and Williams showed a lot of class wearing a Jayhawk on his shirt at the game last night. Being a Jayhawk fan is wonderful this year with the Orange Bowl win and the National Championship. By the way, I am a KU alum from the class of 1988! How sweet this is!

toughangel41 6 years, 8 months ago

I cried when I read Domino's comment... but then realized... hey... she did get the best seats in the house and I bet she even carried them to the basket a few times...GBU and your family and thank you for sharing that with us. It's always nice to know there are Jayhawk Angels among us. A wonderful cheerleading squad my prayers are also with your and your family :o)