Previous   Next

Why is it important for young people to be involved with their community?

Asked at Checkers, 2300 La. on February 11, 2007

Browse the archives

“I think it gives them a sense of responsibility, a sense of belonging and helps them feel involved in the process of building the community.”

“I think it’s important for them to understand the community around them. If they have a strong sense of community, they know that there are people out there they can depend on.”

“Unless they learn to change things themselves, nothing they want to change in their community will ever get done.”

“I think it can be beneficial and rewarding for them as well as the community they live in.”

Comments

Linda Aikins 7 years, 10 months ago

Does Sarah have alien horns?

I like their answers.

roger_o_thornhill 7 years, 10 months ago

It isn't. Sharing is a bunch of bull, too. And helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

Is it important? Seems like presupposition of a question. Let's talk about IF it's important first, and them tomorrow we can talk about why.

Gootsie: I think those are short-band wave antennas.

News_to_me 7 years, 10 months ago

I think this says an awful lot about the Journal World and their priorities. The big story (and controversy) is about moving the Post Office to the Riverfront Plaza and they're asking questions like this. It would appear that they are afraid to ask the questions that are just begging to be asked, especially when they have a stake in the outcome. One thing to remember about the news in this town-you're not necessarily going to get the truth, only the truth as they see fit. I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to have a Post Office in a place that is so inaccessible other than somebody who is trying to get rid of such a property. Conflict of interest? I think so.

jonas 7 years, 10 months ago

Because if kids have parents like the Taub's, they are going to need to get their support from the community.

Bone777 7 years, 10 months ago

"Ask not what your community can do for you -

Ask what you can do for your community.

Bone777 February 11th, 2007