Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“I’m reading ‘Return of the Children of Light,’ by Judith Bluestone Polich. It’s about understanding who we really are by exploring history, and it’s about our interconnectedness as beings of love.”

Cracked,’ by Drew Pinsky. It’s a book about addiction. He’s an addiction specialist and the host of ‘Loveline.’ I really like his radio show, so I decided to read his book.”

“I’m reading a book in Chinese called ‘My Name is Red,’ by Orhan Pamuk and Erdag Goknar. It’s the 2006 Nobel Prize-winning novel.”

The Protector’s War,’ by S. M. Stirling. It’s set in the future in Oregon, and the world has been plunged back into the dark ages. The people essentially resort back to the feudal system and have to fight for survival.”

Comments

bearded_gnome 7 years, 2 months ago

and, I'd certainly enjoy discussing the book with you, too RI.
just finished "mediterranean: ..." very good book. now on to the second to the last of john steinbeck's works "the acts of king arthur ..." almost done reading all the works of john steinbeck.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 2 months ago

b_g,

If you do get the book, I would enjoy further discussing it with you.

Since I was influenced by the J&J team on the hill (the "Watson faction"), the "dark side" is new territory.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 2 months ago

MSC, I've heard that author interviewed on foxnews and on booktv, very engaging.

RI: that is a very interesting book, I will look for it, and enjoyed discussing it with you.

btw MSC, yellowrose had a recital this afternoon. it was written up in yesterday's paper Pulse "moved by the spirit" is the article title.

still reading Mediterranean: portrait of a sea, now just finished the napoleonic war.

ms_canada 7 years, 2 months ago

Good book by Walid Shoebat called Why I Left Jihad and the title says it all. I will tell more when I finish it.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 2 months ago

"The Mind & The Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force" By Jeffrey Schwartz, M.D. and Sharon Begley.

The book is about our brains ability to drastically rewire and make permament changes it's neural pathways not only in childhood, but through out our whole life. This could guide new treatments for neurolgical dysfunction from brain injuries to dyslexia to strokes.

paladin 7 years, 2 months ago

"Bloodthirsty Bitches and Pious Pimps of Power: The Rise and Risks of the New Conservative Hate Culture" (Hardcover) by Gerry Spence