Previous   Next

Are you thinking about traveling to watch KU play in the Orange Bowl?

Asked at Massachusetts Street on December 4, 2007

Browse the archives

“I wouldn’t mind traveling, but I don’t want to pay that much for a ticket. I’d rather watch it on TV.”

“I would love to, but the price of the airplane tickets skyrocketed after the announcement was made. So I can’t afford it.”

“I am traveling to watch the Orange Bowl. I want to see the biggest game in recent KU history and spend my winter break in a more tropical climate.”

“I would like to, but I can’t afford it. My roommate is going, though. This is school history. It’s a shame I’ll have to miss seeing it in person.”

Comments

Flap Doodle 7 years ago

Be sure to get a big orange drink while you are there.

ohjayhawk 7 years ago

T_O_B - Looks like they managed to move Fraser Hall downtown as well!

Unfortunately, getting to Miami from southern Ohio isn't all that easy or cheap either. So, I will probably watch from home or travel to a sports bar to annoy all of the Ohio State fans there! They can't understand how someone who was born in and lives in Ohio isn't a Buckeyes fan.

Raider 7 years ago

Fly Southwest to Ft. Lauderdale and it's cheaper than flying into Miami. It's also not that far from Dolphins Stadium.

Mizzou4Ever 7 years ago

Yo Adam!!! The Jawhawks biggest game in recent history was just 10 days ago in Arrowhead when you got spanked by the Tigers.......OUCH!!!!! ACC Champs demanded that KU go insteadof MU so they could get a "W"........ Please, Please do not embarrass the Big 12 the way you did against MIZZOU!!!!! See you in 08.....same results.....a SPANKING!!!!!!

Mizzou4Ever 7 years ago

I here all these excuses why these poor Jayhawks aren't going to Miami.....what a joke......how about getting a job first and get off the welfare rolls and maybe you can afford it.......LOSERS!!!

Ceallach 7 years ago

I will be traveling to the home of friends with a large HD screen. Cheering the Hawks on . . and a good time will be had by all, along with too much food and beverage.

chemegirlie 7 years ago

Mizzou4Ever:

October 2007 Unemployment Rates according to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics:

Lawrence, KS 2.8%; Kansas overall 3.8%

Columbia, MO 3.8%; Missouri overall 5.6%

mom_of_three 7 years ago

No, I will not be traveling to Miami for the game. It's a little out of the budget. The Mizzou fan needs to get a clue. Losing by 8 points is not a spanking. A spanking is what OU gave Missouri last Saturday.

Dale Stringer 7 years ago

I'm luckier than most, I get to drive down from South Carolina. I need a new KU shirt to wear. For some reason, it's hard to get one in this SEC state.

JJHawq 7 years ago

Let's just hope the Dallas beverage vendor's have stocked up on Kentucky Deluxe and Old Crow for all the Missouri/Arkansas Fans that are packing into the family cutlass cruiser and making the trek.

This year's Cotton Bowl should break the little-known record for lowest teeth:fan ratio in bowl game history.

stuckinthemiddle 7 years ago

I sure hope Miseryforever shows up here on January 2nd after the Hogs run over the Tigers for a 2 touchdown victory...

That's right folks, you read it here first, Arkansas by 14 in the Cotton Bowl...

Woooooooooo, Pig ! Sooie! Woooooooooo, Pig ! Sooie! Woooooooooo, Pig ! Sooie! Razorbacks!!

Oh yeah... and put your money on Kansas in the Orange Bowl by 17 over V Tech...

weatherguy48 7 years ago

JJHawq (Anonymous) says:

snicker

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

"I need a new KU shirt to wear. For some reason, it's hard to get one in this SEC state."

That reminds me: when I was in Topeka over the summer, I went into a Steve & Barry's, and I had the hardest time finding any KU gear. They had everything else -- including, oddly enough, Michigan shirts -- but not, it seems, KU gear. Is that normal?

bd 7 years ago

I heard that they were going to change the name of this years cotton bowl to the hillbilly bowl !!!!!

ohjayhawk 7 years ago

sgt - I asked at our local Steve & Barry's about their lack of KU stuff (even though it's in WV, I figured they have other Big XII schools there), and I was told that the schools have to allow them to carry their stuff. If there is no approval, there is no gear. If there isn't any KU stuff in the Topeka Steve & Barry's, I'm assuming KU isn't allowing them.

Linda Aikins 7 years ago

At one time this week, you could fly Air Tran in and out of Orlando and rent a car cheaper than you could fly to Miami. We are sadly not going, but our hearts will be with them.

Sgt, that's Topeka! ;) They seem to be Kansas State country there.

KU is drinking orange juice, while Missouri now has cotton mouth. Bummer, huh! NOT! I hope no KU people are posting like this on Columbia's website...how bitter.

RonBurgandy 7 years ago

I am going to the Orange Bowl and it is going to be great.

Sgt - I don't think any Steve & Barry's retailer carries KU stuff, Ohjayhawk is right.

BigDog 7 years ago

If you want a selection of KU stuff in Topeka ..... go to the Kansas Sampler at 21st and Wanamaker. They carry the largest selection of KU stuff as well as other universities in Kansas.

MCwzMC 7 years ago

The Real Reason why mizzou didn't get picked for a BCS game - mizzou is notorious for having the WORST FANS in the Big XII.

Just ask a K-State fan in Manhattan, a Iowa State fan in Aimes, or a Husker fan in Lincoln, they will all say the same thing - missouri has a disproportionate number of tactless, classless, and (not surprisingly) toothless fans.

Mizzou4Ever exhibits precisely the type of behavior that gives all mizzou fans a bad rap. Too bad (for missouri) losers like mizzou4Ever continue to perpetuate the stereotype.

Linda Aikins 7 years ago

Change of plans - we are going after all!

sgtwolverine 7 years ago

Huh. That explains it. Thanks. I didn't consider that KU wouldn't license through S&B, since it seems like many large universities (including Michigan, which is why there's a big S&B in downtown Ann Arbor) are cool with S&B.

riverdrifter 7 years ago

Uh, I'm buying the dude that suffocated the rabbit a ticket. To the Cotton Bowel. See.

GretchenJP 7 years ago

That is SO not Mass Street. And no, not traveling to watch KU play in the Orange Bowl but GOOD LUCK Hawks!