Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

The Life of Pi,’ by Yann Martel. It was recommended to me by a friend who is a librarian. She does a really good job of tracking down great books for me to read. Sometimes she just sends them to me through Amazon.”

“I just finished ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,’ by Hunter S. Thompson. I’ve been a fan for a while, but just recently started to read all of his books.”

The Book of Air and Shadows,’ by Michael Gruber. It’s about the search for one of Shakespeare’s manuscripts, and the clues about where to find it were used to stuff the binding of a rare book.”

“Right now I’m in the middle of ‘Les Miserables,’ by Victor Hugo. I really admire the priest character and his compassion for the poor and less fortunate.”

“I just finished ‘The Little Prince,’ by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I had recently gone to a photo gallery show of Robert Park Harrison, and they mentioned the similarities between his work and the drawings in the story.”

Comments

Agnostick 6 years, 12 months ago

Another @#%&*ng OTS poll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bearded_gnome 6 years, 12 months ago

"Floaters" another trashy cop drama by Joseph Wambaugh. pretty good action, and he surely loves the gritty side of humanity.

nklminster 7 years ago

Emma by Jane Austen. I hated having to read Austen back in high school, but now I really enjoy her books and I'm trying to work my way through them all.

Marion Lynn 7 years ago

The story of a small mid-western municipality screwed to death by "Progressives"........

I've been reading the Lawrence Journal-World.

Thanks.

Marion.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years ago

"Good Benito" by Alan lightman

Kathy Getto 7 years ago

In Full Flower - Lois W. Banner

ms_canada 7 years ago

What a precious story by Antoine de St. Exupery. The Little Prince is a classic. Erin - hope you see this. The other books by de St. Exupery are also quite wonderful and the story of his life is quite fascinating. He was a pilot in the first world war and his plane went down over the Mediterranean. The Little Prince story comes from a downing of his plane another time in the Sahara. If you knew that, forgive me for repeating it. Interesting man, he was.

roger_o_thornhill 7 years ago

Luke, what about Jean Valjean, the perennial crowd pleaser? The redeemed?

And Tanner, What exactly were you a fan of if you have just started reading Mr. Thompson's works? His lifestyle? teehee