Previous   Next

What are you reading?

Browse the archives

“Life of Pi,’ by Yann Martel. It’s about an Indian man’s spiritual journey as he travels across the Atlantic with a tiger.”

“All But My Life,’ by Gerda Klein. It’s a famous Holocaust memoir. It’s very good, but very sad.”

“Your Erroneous Zones,’ by Wayne W. Dyer. It’s about escaping the trap of negative thinking.”

Mere Christianity,’ by C. S. Lewis. It’s about all the different topics he covered on his radio show.”

Comments

pierced_daisy 9 years, 3 months ago

HAHA first!!!! Im reading the "Mysts of Avalon".

pierced_daisy 9 years, 3 months ago

I forgot to add - incase anyone doesnt know its about the arthurian legends told from the female point of view. Its simply fantastic. This is my third time reading it. The made for TV movie of it was awful. Dont let that turn you off of a fabulous novel.

ms_canada 9 years, 3 months ago

pierced daisy - sounds good, could you give the name of the author. And can I recommend further Arthurian reading for you. The Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte. There are 9 books in the series but don't let that throw you. I just finished book four yesterday. My second time reading the series. The 9th book just came out about a month ago. I love to read all the books I can on the Arthurian theme. Have you read The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart?

ms_canada 9 years, 3 months ago

Reticent - that is a very nasty and irreverent comment. Shame on you.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 3 months ago

Ms_C, Isn't it odd that that phrase is credited to a saint? Augustine, I believe. Maybe Augustine just didn't have a good mommy like some of us.

Happy Mother's Day, Ms_C! I hope that good man of your's is letting you take it easy today.

Happy Mother's Day to all the good mommies out there!

Reading: Why, the Camulod Chronicles! I'm on book #6. What a coincidence! (They are fantastic!)

ms_canada 9 years, 3 months ago

Sue - I did not know that that was a quote from St. Augustine. Do I owe R I an apology?
And sue, I hope your girls do something really nice for you and I kind of think they will because they are nice girls. Happy mother's day to all you mummys out there.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 3 months ago

RI, I tried to give you an awesome waffle recipe that would not have exploded but NOOOOOOO! (Failure is the best way to learn!) I'm sure momma loved her exploding waffles!

Also, in typical mom fashion, I did 2 loads of laundry this morning but the kiddies are folding them!

Ms_C, my girlies gave me a pair of garden shears...they know me too well! They also gave me homemade cards and bookmarks. I got to sleep in 'til after 9! They took me to a wonderful brunch. Hubby is working on "house stuff." And I am sitting here on my duff lovin' every minute of it! Ahhhhh...maybe I'll go read (after I throw in some more laundry). :o)

RI, for the 1000th time: "It doesn't matter if she ain't YOUR momma!" Yeash! She birthed YOUR devil spawn! Forced, lured, and trapped my @$$! ;oP

sunflower_sue 9 years, 3 months ago

RI, Well done! (As long as the tuna steaks were the perfect shade of pink inside...not that I'm a tuna snob or anything!) I'm sure #2 will choose a bigger bowl next time.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 3 months ago

just finished: T.E. Lawrence "seven pillars of Wisdom, a triumph." his autobiographical account how he aided the arabs and other subjects of the turkish tyrany to throw off the turkish rule, liberating what is now saudi, the emerates, iraq and syria, aiding in liberation of palestine (now israel/PA) and lebanon. little tough reading in the victorian language, as this account is at the time of WWI, but very good stuff for principles of war, history, figures and landscape/setting.
tonight starting: "rabble in Arms" by Kenneth Roberts (1933). story of all the northern campaigns in the american revolution...for the historically illiterate, that's 1 1775 through 1782.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 3 months ago

RI: tuna steaks, WOW! pretty good.

S.S I hope you had a very fine day, and cut somethin' really good wid them shears! or, are they the sheep shearing kinda shears? or, are they for haircuts of littlin's?
oh, the possibilities!

bearded_gnome 9 years, 3 months ago

Iloveribs: when you're done with that, try this one by an important russian urologist: "a new male degenerative disease" by: Will Rotyerkokoff