Previous   Next

Are you happy to hear that Darrell Arthur will play basketball at Kansas University?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on May 10, 2006

Browse the archives

“Yeah, if he can be a team player and not a prima donna. If he can find his niche and be happy there, then I’m glad he’s here.”

“Sure. Everyone loves a new recruit. I have high hopes. Maybe he can help us beat our first-round curse.”

“I’m very happy he’s coming here. I’m hoping he’ll bring life to our post game.”

“Yes. We need more big guys, and Bill Self is good at recruiting big, meaty guys who can post up. I think he’ll be a good addition. I trust Bill.”

Related story

Comments

Linda Aikins 8 years, 3 months ago

I hope he has a nice time here! Oh yes, and helps kick butt on those "B" teams in the first round...

enochville 8 years, 3 months ago

Yes. I am glad we got him. Even more glad that we now have a sports psychologist to help us keep our head in the game.

I found it interesting that Arthur made his decision based on a dream. I think dreams help us to get in touch with our subconcious. If we have been hiding anxiety during the day by distracting ourselves, that anxiety will come out when we sleep. Sometimes our subconscious leads us in the right direction sometimes not. I think it is a fallacy to think just because we dreamed something that that is the right course to take. Everyone knows we have some dreams we better not act on. But I hope Arthur has a great basketball college career for as long as he is with us.

trinity 8 years, 3 months ago

it's good to hear a new big meaty guy is comin' to join us!

rock chalk&all that jazz!

ps-giggling still at blue73harley's comment! :)

sgtwolverine 8 years, 3 months ago

I'm always a bit suspicious of guys who enter college with the intent of leaving ASAP for the NBA. Ohio State is going to have one of those guys next season.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 3 months ago

Inmate, you are very clever, bar none. If they make a movie of your life, Nicholas Cage will star as you!

I worry about the dream thing though...I once dreamed that I had a special wand (looked like a big bubble wand) that when you jumped through it, you came out the other side as a hand tool with a happy face. And I didn't become a carpenter.

jonas 8 years, 3 months ago

Gootsie: You know, in Gulliver's Travels there's the insinuation that when he goes to the land of giants, opposite of Lillyput (can't remember the name) that the ladies use him in. . . well the ways you just insinuated. Maybe that's where it comes from.

legolas1996 8 years, 3 months ago

I wouldnt exactly call Darrell Arthur a meaty guy. That also goes for CJ Giles and Julian Wright.

paladin 8 years, 3 months ago

Happy is not the word for it. Maybe I'm pleased to see another Superstar added to the group of Superstars. They'd probably win more games if they were an actual team. If that's possible with all the glitz and glamour and notoriety.

paladin 8 years, 3 months ago

I am happy he had a vision.

craigers 8 years, 3 months ago

I am happy. Mainly because he isn't afraid to come and play with a team that already has tons of talent. Next year should be very fun to watch KU basketball.

Ceallach 8 years, 3 months ago

blue's earlier comment reflects my view. Time will tell.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 3 months ago

That depends on whether he thinks the anticipation of pain is worse than the pain itself.

acg 8 years, 3 months ago

rofl omg & sgt, that was hysterical! Just what I needed on this stressful morning. Thanks!

smiles 8 years, 3 months ago

I like Cathe's glamour shot!

sunflower_sue 8 years, 3 months ago

RI, In your honor, I turn my lights off every night around 8:30.

I still say we start with those big lights out on I-70! Got your C/C permit yet? I saw a guy on the news last night stuffing baseball bats down his pants. Wonder if he had a permit for that? (How would one walk?)

mom_of_three 8 years, 3 months ago

He has already talked about leaving for the NBA after a couple of years at KU, improving his game. I know a college education may not look like much compared with millions of dollars, but it would be great if players would stay until graduation.
And as a big KU fan, I am thinking of their best interest. Nope, not being selfish at all.

OldEnuf2BYurDad 8 years, 3 months ago

I cannot say that this impacts my life at all.

Besides, if Self cannot win more than one game in the tourney, then what does it matter how much talent we have? Beating KSU and MU during the season, and then losing to the Rhode Island School of Tire Retreading in the second round of the tournament... whatever.

sgtwolverine 8 years, 3 months ago

Hey, RISTR has a great basketball tradition. In fact, many years, they are rumored to have five players who can dribble and walk at the same time.

bigreed 8 years, 3 months ago

That was Roy that lost to Rhode Island with a team full of NBA first rounders. Get your coaches straight.

christie 8 years, 3 months ago

I predict that if KU even gets to play in the March Madness series next year they'll lose in the first round to the Mother of Mary's all Girls School.

Basically, who cares.

smiles 8 years, 3 months ago

My bets are on the School of the Blind, personally.

betti81 8 years, 3 months ago

christie--obviously lots of people care or KU men's basketball wouldn't be so popular. i personally am happy. can't wait for Coach Self to instill some discipline in him. 40: I realize you are being sarcastic, but Bradley was not a bad team and time will tell how well they continue to do.

Linda Aikins 8 years, 3 months ago

Wow - another day of low number of responses.

It's horrible! I actually have to work because there's not much to read on these. Where is the hot topic today?

acg 8 years, 3 months ago

Hehe, I still contend that hot Ricky needs to have a burger and butch up. His chick counterpart looks tougher than he does.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 3 months ago

Das, yes, but I believe his were aluminum...brrrrrrrr!

RI, good point! I must now frisk all who enter my casa!

beatrice 8 years, 3 months ago

Which is more ridiculous - anticipating tomorrow's question, or tomorrow's actual question?

trollkiller 8 years, 3 months ago

There once was a Louisville Slugger Who had a girl and he really loved her

He slept with his bat, cause she said that he could She was rather pleased, when he woke up with...a good attitude

On game days the whole team would score for his girlfriend who was quite a...fan?