Previous   Next

To what team have you transferred your support in the NCAA Tournament?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. on March 25, 2006

Browse the archives

“I’m going with Wichita State. They’re the closest team, and you’ve got to keep it in Kansas.”

“I would love for Memphis to win and represent for the South.”

“Wichita State. Go Shockers. They’re the only Kansans left. They’ve got to have the Kansas support.”

“Wichita State. It might have been Texas, but I’ve spent so much time rooting against them that it’s too late to start now.”

Related story

Comments

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

TJ, you're going to be so embarrassed someday. I root for whoever is the lowest seed. Have a good day ya'll.

enochville 9 years, 1 month ago

Here are the current standings in the LJWorld OTS NCAA Tourney Pool:

Rank Entry Points PCT 1 Enochville 5 , 720 99.8 2 Jouhnes 2 , 630 91.9 RonBurgandy3 , 630 91.9 4 Jouhnes 3 , 620 88.1 5 RonBurgandy1 , 600 81.3 Strong 3 , 600 81.3 Noland 1 , 600 81.3 8 Gootsie really thinking , 590 77.2 9 Strong 1 , 560 62.3 Son of Das Ubermime , 560 62.3 Return of Das Ubermime , 560 62.3 12 Enochville 3 , 540 51.5 13 Robert C. Jouhnes , 530 46.2 14 Enochville 1 , 510 36.0 15 Enochville 2 , 500 31.3 16 Das_Ubermime , 490 27.0 17 Strong 2 , 480 23.1 18 avhjmlk , 470 19.6 19 RonBurgandy2 , 450 13.8 20 Gootsie by heart , 440 11.5 21 Enochville 4 , 420 7.8 22 Gootsie alphabetically , 310 0.9 23 Gootsie backwards alpha , 250 0.4 24 Ceallach , 0 0.0

A couple of reminders: Cellach did not complete her entry, Jouhnes is The_Original_Bob, and Strong is sgtwolvervine. Although, I am currently leading, I don't think I'll win because Enochville 5 had North Carolina beating UCLA in the final.

brookcreeker 9 years, 1 month ago

Someone should have said, "What tournament? Basketball is dead to me. Thanks, Coach Self."

Lorenzo_Teris 9 years, 1 month ago

Did anyone here see or hear about that UCONN vs Washington game last night??!!

Wow! What a game!

I still think it's UCONN's tournament to lose.

I mean, last night they (UCONN) played kind of a lousy first-half (lots of turnovers).....and yet, they still scored 83 points in regulation!! (The game went into overtime.)

UCONN just has tons of talent.

linux_chick 9 years, 1 month ago

I watched the UConn game. Unfortunately, I don't think they deserved to win it... and when the refs review that game on tape (esp. the last 90 seconds), they should be ashamed.

Anywho, WS lost last night by 8. Kind of sux.

bearded_gnome 9 years, 1 month ago

team: the "fighting banana slugs!" "SLIME 'EM SLUGS!" [ real team/mascot: UCSC].

Easymark! welcome...seems we've met before.
fund raiser good idea...for ots question relief. there ya' go.

it is terrible in lawrence, the mulch ran out ahead of schedule and they had to cancel the mulch giveaway! bet somebody's gonna blame GWB for that! or, the PLC block?
I dunno, but running outa mulch, in this town, something really STINX.

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

e_m, Welcome to the board! Now, we do have pretty stringent rules on here so you need to behave yourself!
As for offering yourself up as a target...can you climb a pole?

BrianR 9 years, 1 month ago

I'm a Big 12 snob -- KU first, then Big 12 teams, after that I pretty much stop caring. I do continue to watch though, it's college basketball and that's entertaining.

l_eustacy 9 years, 1 month ago

I think it's called, loving someone to death.