Previous   Next

What team do you least want to see on KU’s side of the bracket?

Asked at Jefferson's Restaurant, 743 Mass. St. on March 12, 2006

Browse the archives

“Probably Connecticut, because they’re athletic like we are, but they’re older with more seniors.”

“Duke, because J.J. Redick is the best player in the country. We’re going to get married soon.”

“UConn. They seem to be the most well-rounded team. They’ve had a lot of wins.”

“The Texas Longhorns, because they’re cows and cows are ugly.”

Related story

Comments

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

Goooooooooooo Haaaaaaaawks!!!!!!!!!

Ceallach 9 years, 1 month ago

UConn, Duke, NC.

Our Hawks did themselves proud today!! I thoroughly enjoyed the game!!

Ceallach 9 years, 1 month ago

Long day, hope none of you suffered any severe damage from the storm. I was very lucky in that area. I only lost electricity, cable and phone for most of the day. Ironically, my daughter who lives in an area that was harder hit than mine only lost her elec, and cable for a short time -- so I was able to see the game there :)

Also, since I'm not "essential" personnel, I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Yee Haw.

Manana

linux_chick 9 years, 1 month ago

jonas: ok. don't be crazy and endanger your life.... BUT if someone does have pics, I still want to see :)

Nice teeth, btw ;)

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

linux, you might want to remove your earlier link. I would if I were you...just a suggestion.

Cool pics, btw!

killjoy 9 years, 1 month ago

It's not who I don't want to see, it's who I want to see. I want these freshmen to get a taste of real competition to be stronger for next year (but they need more than one game). I'll take Uconn, Duke, or NC as the 2nd or 3rd game please.

It was amazing how much damage Lawrence received today in just a brief few minutes of wind. (I think God was sending a message to Fred P. - I see CNN covered that nutcase at soldiers' funeral. That's just the national attention he wants. - too bad they gave him the PR)

2003 Lawrence Tornado pics - not mine: http://lightningboy.com/tornadovideo/050803_LawrenceKS/index.htm

enochville 9 years, 1 month ago

UConn, because of what Samuel and Ross said.

I would like to see us play North Carolina, just to go face to face with ole' Roy.

jonas 9 years, 1 month ago

No pics, but it was really cool looking. There were like four or five many swirls of leaves in my driveway and down the street, and there were sparks flying from a damaged relay up the street.

Intelligent me, standing next to my window watching it all. I'll live a short life.

pepper_bar 9 years, 1 month ago

Don't want to see Syracuse. Do want to see Bucknell (think KU would have any trouble getting up for that game?)

Don't want to see Duke or UConn, do want to see Memphis or Ohio State.

Don't want to see Arizona, do want to see UCLA.

Don't want to see UNC, do want to see Wichita State. Go Hawks!

sunflower_sue 9 years, 1 month ago

The only photo I could show you is one of our trampolene. Not damaged at all so you wouldn't tell even if I did take a pic that it moved about 50 feet. It is now hidden behind a big spruce tree so I really "got" my daughter. I told her to look outside...that her trampolene blew away. She was stunned and dismayed but then I quickly pointed out that it had just blown behind a tree. She's happy and all is well here. Some limbs down but they were meant to come down anyway. I hear Lawrence got it's fair share of damage. (I live about 7 miles NE). Our parts just got shingles, limbs, guttering, etc...

Larry 9 years, 1 month ago

Highland Community College, Hutch C. C., NE Oklahoma, Spokane Univer., American University, Florida Atlantic, DeVry Inst., Park University, Johnson County Comm. College, Northeast Cosmo University, Chicago School for Chefs, and of course the Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs. That would ensure KU with a trip to the Final Four.

linux_chick 9 years, 1 month ago

Does anyone have any pics from the tornado? I'd be interested in a link.

I have just one, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linux_chick/111353893/