Previous   Next

What summer movie is at the top of your to-see list?

Asked at Southwind 12, 3433 Iowa. on July 16, 2006

Browse the archives

The Devil Wears Prada.’ I just finished the book and loved it. It makes me think my job is wonderful after seeing what that poor girl goes through.”

Pirates of the Caribbean.’ I like the first one, and Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is funny. I want to see what type of trouble he gets into.”

The Wicker Man’ is supposed to be really good. It should be out in early September.”

Pirates of the Caribbean.’ I enjoyed the first one, so I’m hoping this one will be good too.”

Comments

frankzappa 7 years, 9 months ago

the Forbidden Zone ... wonderful fun from Richard Elfman ... is finally on DVD (yeah, i know has been for awhile) ... be sure to check out the special features.

Snakes on a Plane looks like a riot.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 9 months ago

Maybe, I will be able to actually go to a movie in a theater........

sunflower_sue 7 years, 9 months ago

Ceal, I think it would be more akin to an egg roll.

one_more_bob 7 years, 9 months ago

There should be more movies with & about ducks, darn it. I was so happy to see the penguin in Fight Club, I hoped that more roles for waterfowl would be forthcoming in mainstream cinema. Alas, it was not to be.

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

Is that anything like a Dragon Roll? Had one at King's Buffet last week, mighty tasty :)

Gootsie 7 years, 9 months ago

OMB, you are on a duck roll today.

one_more_bob 7 years, 9 months ago

Duck Potter and the Goblet of Quack!

Azure_Attitude 7 years, 9 months ago

It's playing at Liberty Hall, thinker.

I want to see Pirates, Prada, and Dupree, Clerks II, and I still haven't seen DaVinci code yet.

rightthinker 7 years, 9 months ago

Al Gores movie " Inconvenient Truth".....some really insanely hot, hot, hot day when you don't want to do anything outside, some arthouse will show it and I'm there. I think Al Gore is going to save the world. Al Gore is tee-rific!!!

sunflower_sue 7 years, 9 months ago

My first born is going w/ grandparents to see "The Devil Wears Prada" today. Hubby is taking second born and others to see "Pirates...". I'm just going to walk outside and see the strange movie unfold before my eyes. Probably be much like yesterday. I did have my picture taken in front of the Golden Gate Bridge today. (Picture me in front of a large screen of gray fog!) Too funny!

Pywacket 7 years, 9 months ago

radiohawk~ Very true--Trouble is quite funny! Ah... but it doesn't have Cary Grant with his droll, impeccably timed delivery...

I have to admit, I'm facing Clerks II with trepidation. I so loved the original, I'm almost afraid to see the sequel, as sequels often disappoint.

Just took my doggies out to do their duty and came back in with my hair wringing wet. It's horrible out there. For once, I'd rather do all the chores I've lined up for the day than leave the house for ANYTHING. Must reward myself later with some episodes of Arrested Development.

Ceallach 7 years, 9 months ago

The Devil wears Prada, You, Me and Dupree.

I'm with omb regarding all the remakes. If there are so many "creative geniuses" in Hollywood, why is it they are constantly trying to cash in on novels/screenplays that others have already spear-headed to greatness. I'm trying to think of a single re-make that was even as good, let alone better, than the original movie.

Happy Sunday, all!! Lady and I are going or a short walk, it's too hot to take her (or me :) very far.

Kyle Neuer 7 years, 9 months ago

You want funny Hitchcock? Check out "The Trouble With Harry".

Clerks II is high on my list. The Proposition was quite good. PHC was a hoot, as well.

Pywacket 7 years, 9 months ago

Amen, OMB! Some years ago, I heard that some idiots were thinking of doing a remake (shudder) of Casablanca. Apparently, that talk subsided. Maybe they were all struck dead by lightning.

There are a few movies out this summer that I wouldn't mind seeing (The Devil Wears Prada, The Lake House), but nothing has really grabbed me.

Rentals for me. Anything with Audrey Hepburn or Cary Grant beats the hell out of just about anything new, in my book... Watching "Paris When it Sizzles," featuring Hepburn and William Holden, this afternoon--sort of in honor of Bastille Day, if a tad late... And Grant was such a wonderful comedian.. If you haven't seen "North by Northwest" lately, watch it again... this time for the laughs. Probably the funniest Hitchcock of all--and an antidote to the blaaah let-down feeling you'll come home with after seeing a current "blockbuster."

ms_canada 7 years, 9 months ago

I still have not seen The Da Vinci Code and I want to see Pirates. I really do like Johnny Depp. I am now re-reading the Da Vinci Code. Man, did I forget a lot of it from my first reading.

one_more_bob 7 years, 9 months ago

R-I, a sequel, made by the same director as the original film is in an entirely different category. I had the remake of "Wicker Man" in mind., but I feel the same about the proposed remake of Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. Ages ago there was a version of High Noon that had Lee Majors doing the Gary Cooper role. Lee Majors! Fume, rant , mutter.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 7 years, 9 months ago

omb?

Are you including sequels of classic films like Clerks II in the lame category, I shouldn't be waiting with bated breath for it to come out on PPV? Or did I mistake classic with cult?

one_more_bob 7 years, 9 months ago

Can we just say "No" to more lame remakes of classic films?

Kline 7 years, 9 months ago

"David Blaine, Man of Mystery" a made-for-TV movie coming soon on the Lifetime Channel starring Ralph Macchio. He was great in the "Karate Kid."

Gootsie 7 years, 9 months ago

Sarcasm of the OTS: A day in the life of a message board - it is a blend of horror, comedy, autobiography, fiction/nonfiction. R rated for disguised profanity, "verbal" abuse, adult content (when allowed), and suggested language of where to put everyday items into one's person.

It's a summer must-see(read).

one_more_bob 7 years, 9 months ago

The Good, The Bad and The Duck.

Arschloch 7 years, 9 months ago

I'm looking forward to the sequel: Field of Glass.

militant 7 years, 9 months ago

It's called, "Overreaction"

It's about how WWIII starts in the mideast. CNN has been running the trailers all week and it looks so real, it's almost scary.