Previous   Next

What summer movie is at the top of your to-see list?

Asked at Southwind 12, 3433 Iowa. on July 16, 2006

Browse the archives

The Devil Wears Prada.’ I just finished the book and loved it. It makes me think my job is wonderful after seeing what that poor girl goes through.”

Pirates of the Caribbean.’ I like the first one, and Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow is funny. I want to see what type of trouble he gets into.”

The Wicker Man’ is supposed to be really good. It should be out in early September.”

Pirates of the Caribbean.’ I enjoyed the first one, so I’m hoping this one will be good too.”

Comments

Linda Aikins 8 years, 5 months ago

Sarcasm of the OTS: A day in the life of a message board - it is a blend of horror, comedy, autobiography, fiction/nonfiction. R rated for disguised profanity, "verbal" abuse, adult content (when allowed), and suggested language of where to put everyday items into one's person.

It's a summer must-see(read).

ms_canada 8 years, 5 months ago

I still have not seen The Da Vinci Code and I want to see Pirates. I really do like Johnny Depp. I am now re-reading the Da Vinci Code. Man, did I forget a lot of it from my first reading.

Kyle Neuer 8 years, 5 months ago

You want funny Hitchcock? Check out "The Trouble With Harry".

Clerks II is high on my list. The Proposition was quite good. PHC was a hoot, as well.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

The Devil wears Prada, You, Me and Dupree.

I'm with omb regarding all the remakes. If there are so many "creative geniuses" in Hollywood, why is it they are constantly trying to cash in on novels/screenplays that others have already spear-headed to greatness. I'm trying to think of a single re-make that was even as good, let alone better, than the original movie.

Happy Sunday, all!! Lady and I are going or a short walk, it's too hot to take her (or me :) very far.

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

My first born is going w/ grandparents to see "The Devil Wears Prada" today. Hubby is taking second born and others to see "Pirates...". I'm just going to walk outside and see the strange movie unfold before my eyes. Probably be much like yesterday. I did have my picture taken in front of the Golden Gate Bridge today. (Picture me in front of a large screen of gray fog!) Too funny!

Grundoon Luna 8 years, 5 months ago

It's playing at Liberty Hall, thinker.

I want to see Pirates, Prada, and Dupree, Clerks II, and I still haven't seen DaVinci code yet.

Ceallach 8 years, 5 months ago

Is that anything like a Dragon Roll? Had one at King's Buffet last week, mighty tasty :)

sunflower_sue 8 years, 5 months ago

Ceal, I think it would be more akin to an egg roll.